Brief review of the i10 from an i30 owner

eye30 · 6 · 2834

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Dealer provided an i10 as a loan car whilst my i30 was in for its 1st year service.  

Yes I can't believe I've had my i30 12 months 2 weeks and I can honestly say I've really enjoyed the drive.

I had the 1.1 classic and only covered 30 miles both motorway and urban roads.
But even in that short distance I could see that the i10 is a good car for the price tag. Especially as it come with the 5 year warranty and even if, after 5years, petrol runs out and you can no longer use it, it will have paid for it self.  Might be worth the same in scrap (Only joking HE HE HE).

For a small car it was responsive, but not as fast on the acceleration as my 1.6 cdri but you wouldn't expect it to be, but held it's own on the motorway cruising at 70 mph.
Around town it was nippy in 2nd and 3rd.

I thought I'd stalled but the engine was so so quite.

Car held the road well although I didn't try any handbrake turns.

Seats comfy and driving position was brill.  The seating is high and you get a 360 degree unobstructive view.

Reverse parking "easy peasy" especially with the rear wheels right in the corner. No overhang.

Very airy inside, good demisters and air con as standard.

Disc brakes all round, abs and 3 air bags but no ESP.  I'm told you can get ESP as a factory fitted extra.

I could go on and on but any i10 owner will tell you for the price you get a very well equiped car.

Overall I found it to be very nippy, spacious and good on fuel consumption.

The dealer tells me that they are phasing out the 1.1 and introducing a 1.2, still at £35 road tax. So if I was looking for a 2nd car I would be considering the 1.2.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid review eye30. That's what we like to see  :mrgreen: )
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Only 2 x i10 reviews on

http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Hyundai_i10.html

when I looked both were very negative  :cry:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
True Dazz,

I just read the reviews. Ironic the second one claims the car to be unsafe. He says the engine block broke when he had a 25klh head on with a tree. Thats not a minor accident by any accounts. A 25 klm hour hit on a solid object like a tree is a fair whack and the first active safety mechanism to apply is for the engine mounts to break so the engine goes onto the floor and not through the fire wall crushing limbs. Am I right?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That sounds logical although it appears from what he says that the structure of the front of the i10 is fairly flimsy!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
well you know you can't have the safety of a hummer h2 in a hyundai i10...it is a good city car,small compact. i10 owners here love it very much :) as do we love our i30.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal