i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 CRDI Premium any big problems?

jem · 38 · 33208

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
YES as previously stated the 1.6 petrol will notice the extra passengers and hills a lot more. The DPF hasn't been a problem in i30's to date (But don't sue me if you get a dud)  :lol:

Not being rude but are you related to my 1st wife? (she came from Kent England) and would worry sheep  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jem

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
No not related to your 1st wife lol Im a worried person when it comes to the mrs driving the car for short journeys like shopping or school runs...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Ok going to seriously consider the 1.6 as to many of you have said it,So not going to ignore the 1.6 like i would of without coming on here,Chain sounds good strange they didn't do that on the 2.0. Another thing that made me want to go straight to the 2.0 was the fact that i have a child so the car does have 2 adults 1 child alot of the time,And quite alot of the time we take my childs friends out  so that was why i was leaning towards the bigger engine as there will allways be plenty of weight in the car.

The 1.6 is rated to tow 1400 kgs, so it won't even feel a couple of kids  :razz:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ok going to seriously consider the 1.6 as to many of you have said it,So not going to ignore the 1.6 like i would of without coming on here,Chain sounds good strange they didn't do that on the 2.0. Another thing that made me want to go straight to the 2.0 was the fact that i have a child so the car does have 2 adults 1 child alot of the time,And quite alot of the time we take my childs friends out  so that was why i was leaning towards the bigger engine as there will allways be plenty of weight in the car.

The 1.6 is rated to tow 1400 kgs, so it won't even feel a couple of kids  :razz:

Especially if you put one on either side of the trailer  :whistler: :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'd suggest you'd feel a slight bump as you run over them though.... :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Chris

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Yorkshire
good car, but DPF failure is a big problem. And very costly to renew.
  • I30 CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

good car, but DPF failure is a big problem. And very costly to renew.

But hopefully quite rare and only a problem if you only do short urban drives all the time without any decent motorway speed drives every so often.

This DPF issue would be a problem with most other brands of Diesel car as well in the same circumstances.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal