i30 Owners Club

Chip tuning 1.6 crdi 90hp

Edvard · 34 · 14129

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I have been running the Racechip Pro 2 in my FD CRDI wagon ... I can't say i noticed any difference to fuel economy as i get the same amount of km's to a tank as before. ...
On the weekend I installed a RaceChip Pro 2 in my 2nd hand 2013 GD Tourer (6 speed Auto).
At least on initial impressions - it does seem to provide more power; but from ODBII values I've seen an increase of ~16% in fuel consumption!
:link: I30 Diesel auto fuel economy.

Interesting, that you yourself didn't see any improvement to fuel economy as that is one of the claims on RaceChip's website (1L/100km).  I'll run two to three tanks and report back.
After installing the chip most owners will start driving in a more sporting manner (which will reverse economy) as they're excited with the new performance improvements, try not to drive it hard and you should see the benefits.

Offline panthersteve

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Qld
but from ODBII values I've seen an increase of ~16% in fuel consumption!

I would be pulling it out quick smart with an increase in fuel consumption like that, it is the frugality that the CRDI engine gives that I like so much
  • 2010 SLX I30 Diesel Hatchback in Black

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
After installing the chip most owners will start driving in a more sporting manner (which will reverse economy) as they're excited with the new performance improvements, try not to drive it hard and you should see the benefits.
I'm trying not to do anything different.  That is why the 140mile test trip.  Half of the trip are town and B roads with the other half A roads & motorway.  So the only influence I as the driver can exert should be minimal because most of the driving should be at fairly constant speed.  I'd expect commuting is where this "more sporting manner" would be a factor.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 00:50:09 by Heady »
  • 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
I would be pulling it out quick smart ...
The thought had crossed my mind.  The main reason for purchasing this was for the 1L/100km improvement that was quoted.
Anyway - it is easy to remove - a couple of seconds to replace the computer with the loopback plug and it should be back to factory.
I'll contact RaceChip and see what they say.  I'll also calculate fuel consumption from tank filling to double-check the OBDII values.
  • 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal