i30 Owners Club

First service in Russia.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
To begin with the servicing interval in Russia is either every 15000km or every year whatever comes first.
So I went to the garage in November last year, it was also a dealer where I purchased my car, I chose it because of its location to my home. An initial price was 9000 rub, which was 300USD roughly, when I told I had replaced air and cabin filters myself, the price lowered to 7000 rub (230 USD), so the difference was significant (the price varies slightly with dealers in Saint-Petersburg).  So I came to the garage and passed my car key to a mechanic and followed to a rest area, furnished with chairs and sofa and a coffee machine. I had been waiting for 4.5 hours  :eek:, having drunk 5 caps of coffee, having checked all cars in dealer's showroom (fortunately they had Hyundai ix35, that I'm going to buy next) , when I was finally fetched to take my car.
I expect to pass my second service in two weeks as I have covered 29300km already and I hardly can imagine the time it may take and the price, especially (some guys, who have passed it say they paid from 12000 to 15000 rub, 400-500 USD  :Shocked:).
P.S. Frankly speaking the price also varies with a region of Russia, thus the most expensive are Saint-Petersburg and Moscow, meanwhile some guys in the remote regions paid only 100 USD for the first service.

I wonder if the scheduled service is also expensive in other countries?
How much did you pay?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi again Misha..

This topic comes up regularly so you mightn't get too many replies but the sort of money you are talking is roughly in line or cheaper than many have quoted for Europe and Australia.. feel free to browse the service threads for more info (P.S. Your English is good...)

Buying and supplying your own oil is a good way of getting better oil in your car at a cheaper price too...or using a reliable independent servicecentre
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Dazzler
Well, I think I'm likely to go to an independent service-center next time, unless I change my car earlier (I told I would like to buy Hyundai ix35, but I'm also thinking of KIA Sportage New, which is a little bit cheaper, but possesses the same number of features)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I had been waiting for 4.5 hours 

Seems long time for 1st service...... classed as intermediate service.
I waited for mine only 1 hour.

2nd service was longer as more needs to be replaced... classed as Major service
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

eye30
Lucky you  :D
I think I will have to take "War and peace" by L. Tolstoy when I set off for a garage for 2nd service, to enjoy reading while awaiting for my car being served  :mrgreen:. I suppose I will have finished the whole novel when my car is ready.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
If you paid around 230 USD (= 160 EUR), that's quite reasonable price if you ask me. Especially if you didn't bring the oil yourself. In Slovenia, the first service usually costs around 100 EUR (140 USD) + oil (which can cost up to 80 EUR = 110 USD), so that's about the same. But I've heard it already, that some owners have paid over 230 EUR for 1st service (330 USD).

But what I don't understand is the time. 4,5 hours? In Slovenia 1st service is usually completed in 1 hour. Our "overhaul" service doesn't take that long... Honestly. The "big service" is usually done in max 4 hours..

What's the price of the service hour then over there? Service hour over here costs around 32-40 EUR/h (my service 37 EUR/h = approx 50 USD = approx 1.500 RUB), so if it really took them 4,5 hours, you would pay 166 EUR only for work here (= approx 240 USD = approx 6.800 RUB).

The second service is usually done in 1,5-2 hours.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Today I have passed the second service with 30350 km on clock. Apart from the common checks and work the forward left spherical joint was changed and overall work cost me 10600 rub or 350 USD (including car wash "Lux" - 500 rub) and lasted for 3 hours.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

I have just replaced the air (360rub - 11.5USD) and cabin (400rub-12.5USD; a coal one) filters, both wind screen wipers (940rub - 29USD, Bosh Aerotwin A 187 S) and installed a fairing cover (160rub - 5USD) of the back wiper, that I had lost long time ago. 35600km on clock.

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland
For the second service I paid only 350 PLN = 110 USD because I brought my own oil (5 liters Shell Ultra Extra5W30). Oil in service costs twice as expensive (in Hyundai service costs 18 USD per liter while in the mail order store only 10 USD per liter) . The cabin filter (15 USD) I change myself.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

For the second service I paid only 350 PLN = 110 USD because I brought my own oil (5 liters Shell Ultra Extra5W30). Oil in service costs twice as expensive (in Hyundai service costs 18 USD per liter while in the mail order store only 10 USD per liter) .
Yes, I know it is possible to come to the garage with own spare parts and consumables, but I haven't tried this yet.

The cabin filter (15 USD) I change myself.
Have you changed an air filter too?
It is very easy to change it, even less complicated as compared with the cabin one, the latter requires removal of all staff from the glove compartment, removing two stoppers on either sides and disconnecting a rod on the right side.

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland
Yes, I changed myself air filter also,  about 35000km -it is really very easy. Second service was with 32000km -2 years after buying. Then they just cleaned air filter with compressed air.  The cabin filter I take out  from time to time to shake out of the trash.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Yes, I changed myself air filter also,  about 35000km -it is really very easy. Second service was with 32000km -2 years after buying. Then they just cleaned air filter with compressed air.  The cabin filter I take out  from time to time to shake out of the trash.
I prefer to change both air and cabin filters at the same time - each half a year along with wind screen wipers if needed.
We are lucky to have the cabin filters production unit in Saint-Petersburg (other types of filters are produced too), so it enables me to buy it with less price as compared with an original one from Hyundai.

Your air filter was blown through and placed back? But that is assumed to be the consumables and has to be discarded as well as the cabin one.

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland
Yes, they only blown from dirt, therefore I changed air filter after 35000km (although according to the instructions for Czech made CRDI, air filter must be replaced every 40000 km).

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal