i30 Owners Club

Genuine hyundai towbar cost (Oz)

dimons · 3 · 3965

Offline dimons

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
As I'm waiting to pick up my new diesel CW, I am thinking about towbar options. The genuine hyundai unit looks neat from the photos and I like the removable tow ball section. If I choose this option the dealer could install pre-delivery.

What is a reasonable installed price to pay in Oz? And are there better options out there?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If you use the search function at the top of the page you should be able to get more of an idea of price..

I had a tow bar thrown in with our first Diesel i30 in 2008 and the dealer had it down as $700 value. I think there is a good aftermarket brand of Tow Bar from as low as $400 (Hayman Reese comes to mind) :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The best time to have got a towbar was probably when you were negotiating a deal for your i30. I got mine for just $266.00 installed.......

List price, according to the Hyundai website is $425.22 for the towbar & ball and a further $90.52 for the loom....price doesn't include fitting.

Surprisingly, buying one on eBay will actually cost you more....  :eek:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-HYUNDAI-I30-HATCH-TOWBAR-COMPLETE-KIT-LOOM-/290553224937?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a6525ee9

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal