i30 Owners Club

Red thingy's to stick on car(great description i know!)

CHB · 44 · 12152

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Anyone know where to buy those red lining for the car.. sorta like those GTi type red strips on i think VW?

would love to get some to put in interior etc

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi CHB.

Not sure exactly what you mean but try anygood auto shop ie. supacheap or auto barn. They carry a range of pin striping.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I Think you mean something like this CHB..

and Eyma's right about where to get it!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey CHB..

Here's some inspiration from Korean i30 club site..

Have fun... ;)

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
I went to supercheap auto today and asked around but apparently they don't sell it? I think they only sell ones that resemble a tape...but i don't think the ones used in the picture is a tape.

The missus thinks its ugly but i'm willing to disobey and find some anyway
 :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi CHB...

Think the auto accessory places will only sell the tape ... you could try upholsterers if you want something more substantial like a beading..

I used to disobey "directives" but I'm on my third missus now.... :lol:

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
indeed
and i'm loving it :)

just hate the 1st and 2nd gear changes but otherwise the car is a beauty heh

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi CHB..

The 1st and 2nd Gear changes will improve in time (I've done nearly 10,000kms and they are much smoother now)

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
I hope so Dazz.. i'm on roughly 4500 and it doesn't seem to have improved from when i first started driving it but its okay i'll wait and see how it is :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi CHB

If it's that bad have a whinge at your next service....The problem is with the CRDi you don't have to change gears as often as in a little buzz-box so it takes a bit longer to wear the gearbox in ...

P.S. Don't forget to let us know if you do any good getting some red piping at the upholsterers...

ouri30
CHB,

Even when (if) it improves, you will not notice the improvement.  Any improvement will be gradual and very sutble over time.  The only hope you have of detecting improvement would be to drive a new i30 and then hop into one that has done 20,000km.  Any improvement will be obvious in this situation (assuming there is improvement).

I don't have an issue as I change just a few times in the lower gears and then it is 3-5 for most of my daily travel.  Actually, it is 5th all the way excepting for the two towns at the beginning and end of the journey.

Bob

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The gear change is cable operated so the cables may have streched slightly.

This can only be sorted out at dealers as you need to be careful as to the slack/tightness othewise you will always have trouble changing.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Hi Dazz,

Not sure if i'll bother with going to an upholsterer.. I wanted to order it off that korean type ebay website someone posted in another thread but i can't read korean!! Wouldn't mind that $98 spoiler too :) you guys are probably right that i won't notice it loosening up anyway..

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey CHB,

Just wondered, how did you get on with the red beading. Did you look into it any further. I ask because I really liked that look and though I have know idea how I would install it, i would be interested if there was someone out there who does that sort of thing.

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey eyma, i saw somewhere that it just uses 3M double sided tape and you just apply it and it shouldnt come back off. it comes in like a roll and you just cut it to length...i saw it on some site..mite have been one of the korean ones, but i couldnt find it again...but i was looking for it as well cos it makes a white car look better...as dazz said, a white car need vynils or something to make it stand out...(i think it was dazz)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

awesome, i found the site again http://www.babomall.com/rd/index.html?pg=sub&url=allkind&url2=h52&mf=hyundai  thats for a heap of accessories for the i30

http://www.babomall.com/rd/index.html?pg=detail&uid=38381&step=nd&ca=ex&cb=ex-s06 is the link direct to the red pinstriping....but the prob is that the site isnt in english =( why arent there any english mod sites with all the mods that the koreans get =(

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks link_1111,
That grey i30 with the red around the grille looks good. Mine is the same colour so am pretty interested, I dont think I would have the cofidence to attempt to install it myself. The black alloys with the red rims surounds just finishes the look nicely. :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I bought this stuff the other day in a bargain bin at K-mart  

(Didn't pay $3, only 50cents...) They had 2 - I should have bought both... :P (but watch it Dave... I'm not sticking it there.... :x )

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Dazz,

That looks like the stuff.
How does it attatch? I can read part of the label "special adhesive".
Is it self adhesive or do you use a glue?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Eyma.. this is Plastic Chrome trim. The red you can see in the picture is tape you peel off before applying the strip.. 50cents (bargain) :D

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I prefer the idea of red beading on my steel grey, but chrome should really set off the moonlight blue dazz. Look foward to pics Dazz, show us all your creative side!

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Hey CHB,

Just wondered, how did you get on with the red beading. Did you look into it any further. I ask because I really liked that look and though I have know idea how I would install it, i would be interested if there was someone out there who does that sort of thing.

Sorry, I haven't really followed it up any further. The car's kinda been moved into the background now since i'm trying to find a property to buy and a laptop ! :)

link_1111 seems to have the link to the real deal. All we need is some korean speaking users on this forum!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Russell AKA as Seoul-mate can read Korean I think... (Hopefully he'll see this post)

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
i too crave the red thingy tape, after i do most of the styling on the car. i have applied some chrome tape inside my car, alongside the  door panel (the one with all the buttons) you can see it here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=520 in the last photo,the photo was taken with a mobile phone, you can't see how good it looks. it blends in great with the handles and the rest of the chrome. and dear friends :) why don't you try google translate ? http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=ko&tl=en

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

just checked your chome trim tiny! looks pretty nice though! any chance of a shot further out to see how to flows with the rest of the frame?

also, i think alot of us tried translating it, but the korean sites tend to use images with embedded text instead of text alone...but then regardless, in the end we still wouldnt be able to buy it... :cry: but thx anywayz tiny!

hopefully someone in aus might find a shop that is selling it. unless we have someone that understands korean and willing to import/export? lol..they could make a business out of it

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
i'll post photos tomorrow with the chrome on the panels. but for now i'll only put photos with what i have tried today :) i think it looks great

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

damn tiny...your car is going to be real bling bling by the thing you are done with it! haha

well..if this helps anyone? korean auto imports has got a new range of items http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1670&osCsid=8b85c8fee74325c9e1cdcd2d734c3a75 - blue moulding *pukes* and the red moulding http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1668&osCsid=8b85c8fee74325c9e1cdcd2d734c3a75

hopefully wont have to turn to korean auto imports...because they have seriously overpriced all their items...anychance you could give us a heads up on where you bought your red lining from tiny?

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Tiny,

That looks sh_t hot. :D
Thanks link_1111 for the korean site, i will import if i have too as I am really like the look.
Where did you manage to get the moulding Tiny?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal