i30 Owners Club

New pics of upgrades :)

DJHARRY73 · 46 · 13445

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
I got LED angel eyes and 6500 HID makes a huge diffence !!!!

[deleted]

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Looks fantastic, good work mate :D

I'll bet those angel eye LEDs look spectacular when lit without the headlamps on :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Ty yes , the inner circle is blue the outer is white and it look amazing  during day time and at night time too, the pictures dont really reflect how nice it looks :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I must admit I'd never heard the term 'cw' before joining this club.

Once 'estate', always 'estate', for me

I'm with you on this Steve.. It must be something to do with my English Heritage or my late mums influence (she had a snobby side) But I think "estate" sounds posh .. much better than station wagon -said with a nasal Aussie twang  :wink: (as we call them over here) or CW which seems to be a Hyundai marketing invention.. Sports wagon also has a nice ring to it.. :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
cw stands for compact wagon.  :wink:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

I must admit I'd never heard the term 'cw' before joining this club.

Once 'estate', always 'estate', for me

I'm with you on this Steve.. It must be something to do with my English Heritage or my late mums influence (she had a snobby side) But I think "estate" sounds posh .. much better than station wagon -said with a nasal Aussie twang  :wink: (as we call them over here) or CW which seems to be a Hyundai marketing invention.. Sports wagon also has a nice ring to it.. :D

Interesting. for me "estate" when referring to cars suggests to me either big dogs, Volvo or a tradesman who didn't want to pay the VAT on a van, kinda equivalent to a ute.

My first Scoob was a Sport Wagon, much nicer than estate in my mind..............
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^
Me too. "Estate" sounds pooncy. :wink:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
traveller
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
Nice upgrade - I'm thinking about something similar.
Did you get the full housing or just the rings and wired them in yourself?

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
I just got the rings, you have to break the seal of the headlamps insert the rings wire them properly remove the blue ring that comes with original package add some epoxy to assure it will stay in position, re- seal the housing for the headlights , there is some cheaper options with just one ring for each headlamp this is double ring each and you get to pick interior and exterior  color I chose blue inner , white outer I recomend to spend little bit more and go for double rings to stand out from the croud , good thing I became friends with the electrician from my local Hyundai dealership  :razz:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Nice!
How much did you pay the electrician for the job? They charge ~50 Euros ($65 US dollars) per hour here, quite expensive i think.
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
250 US$ that was for the angel eyes plus the HID kit he spend probably 6 hours in both jobs

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
I needed this so bad , I bought a Pioneer AVH4200, since I have a 160 gig Ipod Clasic with around 2500 music videos and many more mp3s wich I dont really care for , it works great displaying the videos on the 7 inch screen it will work with an Iphone, Ipod and has a great menu navigation display. It also has expandability options for navigation and bluetooth, yes I know its not perfect but I will do some cosmetic work later , now I (or my girlfriend or passengers) can enjoy my videos while driving  :) maybe not so safe but it all depends on how you learn how to handle it .

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
looks great, :cool: but our laws wouldn't allow you to drive with it going. I'm sure it would need to be behind the seats and out of the drivers view.  :rolleyes:  was it hard to fit?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks Good ... Guess you just treat it like a GPS while driving.. :razz:

Can you host those pix via photobucket or similar to keep them from getting lost (as per tutorial in Welcome section and remove them as attachments) There are other reasons for doing it that way too...Thanks

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That really does look quite amazing :eek:

Great job :D

Can you host those pix via photobucket or similar ...

Thanks for the reminder Dazz...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Looking really good there. Where did your angel eye rings come from if you don't mind me asking?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
they look great. the opening of the headlight is whats stopping me doing it.  :wink:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Great mod. Isn't there a way to erase the remaining letters?
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Just a few adjustments and twist will make a perfect fit the space is there so no really a huge deal :)

Offline Thrais

• 2nd Gear
    • My Flickr
Looks nice!
If you use a tripod, or something steady like a box you can get a much better close-up at night, of the headlights turned on.

QUESTION! - where did you get that awesome looking front lip kit!?

I noticed the Canadian flag on that plate... I've had no luck finding aftermarket stuff for my Touring here :)

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
The plate you can find here http://www.licenseplates.tv/canada.html the body kit its not only the front its a full body kit and you can find it here http://hyundai-i30-estate.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=178/category=exterior/accessory=Cross+Kit/id=4808 but the problem is they wont ship outside the UK unless you have someone there who can ship it to you , you can do the same as me and ask Matt from this site http://www.koreancarstyling.co.uk/ to buy it from them and them ship it to you its a huge box but its well worth it figure out about  litte less than US$1000 placed at your door with all fees included

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
I needed this so bad , I bought a Pioneer AVH4200, since I have a 160 gig Ipod Clasic with around 2500 music videos and many more mp3s wich I dont really care for , it works great displaying the videos on the 7 inch screen it will work with an Iphone, Ipod and has a great menu navigation display. It also has expandability options for navigation and bluetooth, yes I know its not perfect but I will do some cosmetic work later , now I (or my girlfriend or passengers) can enjoy my videos while driving  :) maybe not so safe but it all depends on how you learn how to handle it .

Superb choice of head unit :rolleyes: i find it awesome for controlling the ipod. alsmot as smooth, if not smoother than the stock headunit. We must be on the same wave length DJHARRY, as I 2 am going to be installing a set of these angel eye headlamps in the future :P
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Yes its a great unit, it took Pioneer and the other manufacturers a long time to develop something that really works with a Video Ipod now I can go through my video list with no problems and I can enjoy my music videos clasified by genre all 2500 of them :) , here is my new upgrade carbon fiber on dash and gear :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi DJ thanks for the pix but can you PLEASE try and rehost them via Photobucket or similar host so they save our bandwidth but more importantly so they don't get lost if we have a glitch.. THANKS  :wink:

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
the carbon fibre trim around the gear shift is good looking. :) How did you mount your stereo? did you buy a kit or did you just opt for using the mounts with the factory head unit ?
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Great picture but that would not be allowed in the UK.

Any vid in view of the driver is forbidden.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
the carbon fibre trim around the gear shift is good looking. :) How did you mount your stereo? did you buy a kit or did you just opt for using the mounts with the factory head unit ?

The original was kept if you look carefully you can still see some letters on the side but I will take care of that soon :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal