i30 Owners Club

2009 I30 1.4 109 bhp - EPS light ON.

Offline HyundaiOwner

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
Hello people,

On my I30 dashboard EPS light is ON. I noticed that several days before and immediately went to the official Hyundai dealer for diagnostics, they said it's an issue with the electric motor of steering, and replacement of that part will cost around 2k euros. I was totally shocked by that so I started to google and search for potential problems that might cause the EPS light.  :blubber:

Before I got the warning for the EPS issue I have changed the battery(maybe 6-7 days before), maybe that can cause the problems?

The steering wheel itself has some clunks when I move it left and right, heard that last month for the first time. I managed to find the source of that clunks, at least according to google, it's MDPS, which is on the other side fairly common problem.

Do you maybe know if that might be the issue which turned on EPS light or that will just fix the clunks, guys? Do you have an experience with similar issue and how you have fixed it?

Please let me know your thoughts and how should I fix the issue, thanks in advance!
  • Hyundai I30 1.4 2009

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal