Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
    Just received this email for our 2010 i30CW

Important Safety Notice

Vehicle Safety Recall - ABS module may short circuit

Dear Hyundai Customer,

Hyundai is recalling certain Hyundai vehicles produced between Aug. 17, 2005 and May 14, 2011.

Our records indicate that your Hyundai (VIN: KMHDC81TMAU08****) is affected by a vehicle safety recall that requires the installation of a relay kit in the anti-lock brake (ABS) circuit.

When in contact with moisture an electrical short within the ABS module may cause an engine compartment fire, even when the vehicle is turned off, as the circuit is constantly powered. This could increase the risk of serious injury to occupants, bystanders and property. We therefore recommend the vehicle is parked away from flammable structures e.g. not in a garage.

To correct this potential concern we request that you contact an authorised Hyundai dealer to arrange a time to have this procedure performed. This work will be carried out free of charge. A list of Hyundai dealer locations and service department contact details can be found at :link: Find a Dealer | Hyundai Australia.

Please present this notice to your Hyundai dealer when attending your appointment. We understand that due to Coronavirus, you may have reservations about attending your local dealership, or the dealer may be operating reduced hours for the short term. We recommend you to contact your dealer to confirm the process relating to Good Hygiene for coronavirus (COVID-19) and their operating hours. The health and safety of you and Hyundai dealer personnel are the priority. Feel free to contact us direct on 1800 186 306 to discuss your options.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you and assure you of our best efforts to maintain your driving pleasure and satisfaction with your Hyundai vehicle. Should you require further information, please contact our Customer Care Centre on 1800 186 306.

Yours sincerely,

Hyundai Motor Company Australia

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Not seeing anything on Product Safety Australia yet

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hyundai is recalling nearly 430,000 Elantra sedans and wagons because of a faulty part that may catch fire.

:link: Hyundai Elantras Recalled for Fire Risk - Consumer Reports

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Why am I not receiving such an email? :Pout:
<<checks spam folders>>
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Why am I not receiving such an email? :Pout:
<<checks spam folders>>
Don't know. Maybe they know you're an Engineer :spitty:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
What a joke, here it is.

Ma'am this is a very new recall. We don't even have the parts and they have to come from Korea! :crazy1: How's  that going to work ATM?

We can book you in and hope we get the parts?

I wonder if the car burns to the ground in the meantime if Hyundai will be covering the replacement costs?

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I wonder if the car burns to the ground in the meantime .......ts?

Probably be ok

More chance of that if you use your mate’s  “ ¼ Ω glow plugs”

0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω  in parallel = 0.0625 Ω

12 volts / 0.0625 Ω = 192 Amps         :snigger:

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

I wonder if the car burns to the ground in the meantime .......ts?

Probably be ok

More chance of that if you use your mate’s  “ ¼ Ω glow plugs”

0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω + 0.25 Ω  in parallel = 0.0625 Ω

12 volts / 0.0625 Ω = 192 Amps         :snigger:

Bugger, sorry mate. looks like we're too late for you. ...............................Next Please

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I got a letter from Hyundai  that there is a faulty relay unit in the ABC/ESC unit and that needs to be changed. I30 models from 2007 to 2012. I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask when this service could be done. I've had the car now 6.5 years and this is 3rd recall for this car... not impressed.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I got a letter from Hyundai  that there is a faulty relay unit in the ABC/ESC unit and that needs to be changed. I30 models from 2007 to 2012. I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask when this service could be done. I've had the car now 6.5 years and this is 3rd recall for this car... not impressed.
That's not like you? Lucky you didn't buy the latest Mazda 3 {5 recalls in the 1st 12 months}  :crazy1:

From my observations the Czech built FD had a few more issues QC wise than the Korean built ones we got in Australia. By the time the GD came came along it was the other way around.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bitsumishi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Queensland
Well, I'm happy Hyundai at least issue recalls and fix their problems. It's far, far better than in the 'good old days'!
  • 2011 i30 SX CRDi

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Finally got time for the service. Its going to be done next week, on sunday! Nice to have dealer service on weekends. Otherwise I might have needed to pay for a loaner due work. They said it is fairly quick job, and I can wait there. Might even drop the car there on saturday evening so I could sleep a bit later on sunday...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Just got another notice, that's #2 of 3 vehicles, 2 weeks apart

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Got my letter tonight.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Got my letter tonight.
Let  me know how your dealer goes, and or parts supply. cheers

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I have booked my diesel in for this software update. Earliest time that I could get was 4-6-20.

I was told that they would need the car for a few hours.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I have booked my diesel in for this software update. Earliest time that I could get was 4-6-20.

I think it's not just software, involves circuitry mods too AFAIK to cut power to the module

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Has anyone gained more information of the work to be done? I'm booked in for 45 minutes next week and wonder whether it's worth watching what they do, for my impending replacement of the steering coupler.

For instance, if it involves removing the main crash panel around the steering column, I've already found I have no idea how to do that without risking breaking something.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

I think it's not just software, involves circuitry mods too AFAIK to cut power to the module

:phone1: makes sense, 
why would it need power when turned off & parked .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Stillwell Hyundai Nailsworth 0830-0915 today.

Just enough time for two flat whites and a hot chocolate with a double helping of choc chip biscuits.

Nothing nicer than walking out of a dealer service with an invoice showing a $0 balance. :lol: :victory:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Stillwell Hyundai Nailsworth 0830-0915 today.

Just enough time for two flat whites and a hot chocolate with a double helping of choc chip biscuits.

Nothing nicer than walking out of a dealer service with an invoice showing a $0 balance. :lol: :victory:

:Shocked: I think you might have a drinking problem...  :lol:

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
I’ve had both recalls sorted at the dealership. We bought her from them and they have done all the services. She has been wonderful over the last 10 years. Had to have the turbo replaced last year, but that’s been the total of problems.  :D

We are intending to trade her in later this year for a Kona. I’ll miss her.  :'(
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I’ve had both recalls sorted at the dealership. We bought her from them and they have done all the services. She has been wonderful over the last 10 years. Had to have the turbo replaced last year, but that’s been the total of problems.  :D

We are intending to trade her in later this year for a Kona. I’ll miss her.  :'(

Get the Turbo Kona Cecelia. It's worth the extra. Trish loves hers.  :victory:

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Actually thinking of the Highlander. That’s if I can get ‘him’ to loosen the purse strings a little. We’d be looking at around $42k.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Actually thinking of the Highlander. That’s if I can get ‘him’ to loosen the purse strings a little. We’d be looking at around $42k.

You can get all models with the 2.0 petrol or the 1.6 Turbo (which is definitely a lot more fun and includes 4wd and independent rear suspension) It  is about $3000 more but i reckon $42 k would be the Turbo version. Trish's Active Demo was only $29,500 but list price was around $33000 I think. She loves it.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@kittikat
Play hard ball and don't be worried about walking out of the dealer, they are all up against the wall.
 We picked up a 5/18 build Highlander 1.6T AWD last year, June 19 with 30 kms on it, Anita loves it.

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Thanks. I’ll give that some thought.

We are not quite in a position to buy yet, but we are hoping to buy from the same dealer we bought my Viv and my husband’s Alto. They have also done all our servicing as they we just up the road from my old workplace. We intend to trade in both cars and buy one. Now we are both retired two cars is an expense we can do without.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Plenty around at present,  check out Carsales.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks. I’ll give that some thought.

We are not quite in a position to buy yet, but we are hoping to buy from the same dealer we bought my Viv and my husband’s Alto. They have also done all our servicing as they we just up the road from my old workplace. We intend to trade in both cars and buy one. Now we are both retired two cars is an expense we can do without.

The Elite with Turbo is probably the sweet spot with price and features. Low kilometre MY19 demos from around 34k although I think Mick and Anita didn't pay much more for their Hylander. Check out this 2019 Hyundai Kona Elite Auto AWD MY20.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-Hyundai-Kona-Elite-Auto-AWD-MY20/OAG-AD-18345369

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal