i30 Owners Club

Fitting Driving Lights

Misfit · 7 · 3710

Offline Misfit

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Parkes NSW
Am fitting driving lights to my Dec 2009 I30 was wondering were would the easiest place to pick up the high beam have the relay mounted behind the right hand light, wasn't going to put a separate switch in, as it apparently is not required any more
  • Hyundai I 30 CRD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc:

Sorry I can't help with the wiring but whatever you do don't misfit them  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Oh, Dazz :disapp:

Extra driving lights represent extra load (current draw) on the system, so be sure to use a relay anyway to feed the new current direct and not load the existing wiring. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Misfit,I would triple check on the seperate switch,as I read the state law here,auxilary lights must be seperatley switched,Rusty is the one for finding rules and regs for each state,I have lights on both of mine,one I have taken the switching wire from the headlight loom,the other I have gone back to the main switching box in the engine compartment.

Gonz as for extra loading this should not happen,your lights should be drawing their power directly from your battery,if you take your switching wire from the loom this power is only to active the relay switch,wired hundreds of lights this way and never had any issue.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Gonz as for extra loading this should not happen,your lights should be drawing their power directly from your battery,if you take your switching wire from the loom this power is only to active the relay switch,wired hundreds of lights this way and never had any issue.
Precisely my point, Rick, to not load any relays already handling large currents by ensuring the driving lights have their own.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Misfit,I would triple check on the seperate switch,as I read the state law here,auxilary lights must be seperatley switched,Rusty is the one for finding rules and regs for each state,I have lights on both of mine,one I have taken the switching wire from the headlight loom,the other I have gone back to the main switching box in the engine compartment.

Driving Lights should be wired to only operate when high beam is used....  :)

http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/buy-sell/buying-advice/features/fog-lights.htm

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal