i30 Owners Club

Aftermarket front fog lights

Offline elvisdk

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
      9800 Hjoerring
Hey All

I recently bought a set of front fog lights for my i30 2007. Also bought an original indicator arm for the steering Wheel, which has the ability to turn on both rear and front fog lights.
The car was born with rear fog lights, but not front.

In the engine compartment, there's an Electronic box with fuses and relays. In this box, there's a fuse and relay socket for the front fog lights. The fuse Works, and there is power in the socket for the relay. Both 15A fuse and relay was mounted prior to this project (maybe from factory?)

But, when i turn on the front fog lights with the indicator arm, the relay doesn't click. That leads me to conclude that some wires are missing somewhere between the indicator arm and the relay box.

If i measure the indicator arm, it sends a pulse (12v short pulse i believe) when i want to turn on the fog lights.

Anyone has a solution to the above ?

Best regards.
  • Hyundai i30 2007 1.6 CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry Elvis I can't help sorry (hope someone can though)

By the way, nicely worded post!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elvisdk

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
      9800 Hjoerring
I have been studied the below with a mechanic.
He believes that there's a wire missing or not inserted into the BCM module.

I can see in the Hyundai Microcat catalogue, that the BCM module is located below the stereo ? PNC 95401M
Can anyone confirm this ?

Best regards

Hey All

I recently bought a set of front fog lights for my i30 2007. Also bought an original indicator arm for the steering Wheel, which has the ability to turn on both rear and front fog lights.
The car was born with rear fog lights, but not front.

In the engine compartment, there's an Electronic box with fuses and relays. In this box, there's a fuse and relay socket for the front fog lights. The fuse Works, and there is power in the socket for the relay. Both 15A fuse and relay was mounted prior to this project (maybe from factory?)

But, when i turn on the front fog lights with the indicator arm, the relay doesn't click. That leads me to conclude that some wires are missing somewhere between the indicator arm and the relay box.

If i measure the indicator arm, it sends a pulse (12v short pulse i believe) when i want to turn on the fog lights.

Anyone has a solution to the above ?

Best regards.
  • Hyundai i30 2007 1.6 CRDI

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
When the rear fog lights turn on, there should also be a relay, why not connect a wire from the rear relay to activate the front relay. It may be simpler to do this.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal