i30 Owners Club

Need help 2017 I30 Fueling problem diesel manual

Offline Abhi6789

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Hello

I am new here and was hoping to get an insight at what's happening with my recently purchased Hyundai i30 1.6 crdi 2017 mk3 Diesel Manual.

Firstly, it was all fine until I got it tuned to stage 1 and it started to lug/ hesitate at around 1600-1900 rpm especially when going ascent like a sudden jolt and after that it seems fine but it would occur in 3rd and 4th gear predominantly.

I immediately got the tune removed and the problem still continues. I changed the oil and filters and it seemed to be fine for an hour but the problem still persisted. I recently used a wynns diesel cleaner and the car was relatively smoother for a day or two but the problem is back. I still have the jerking at 3rd and 4th gear around 1600-1900 rpm it's like the car is suddenly going out of breath and coming back to like after a second and after that, the acceleration feels normal.

One more important thing... While in normal acceleration, if I stop it suddenly, the idle would be rough and the rpm comes down from 1000 rpm to idle rpm slowly like 3 to 4 seconds to get to smooth idle.

May I please get some suggestions here??? I cleaned the oxygen sensor of carbon formation too but it's still the same.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 07:34:39 by Abhi6789 »
  • I30 2017 Diesel Manual

Offline YIT470

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong
I’m having a very similar issue, 2013 Hyundai i40 1.7L Diesel. I’ve posted on here about it but no response for me, looking forward to seeing if someone suggests a fix for you
  • 2013 i40 5 Door Wagon Diesel 1.7L Auto Silver

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal