i30 Owners Club

Radio & iPhone random playlist problem

Dreytac · 16 · 4961

Offline Dreytac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queensland
Hey guys. I've tried searching the net and came up with a few hits but nothing that helps. I have recently bought a 2009 i30 and an iPhone cable. The iPhone itself works perfectly but I like to play all of the music on my phone in random.

I press the random button in the car and that works fine but when I turn the car off and back on again, it resumes playing from the same song but I have to hit random again. Is this an intended "feature" of the radio or a bug? Is there any fix for this annoying problem?
  • 2009 2.0ltr i30 GLX

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Mine won't play random at all. It just plays everything in chronological order. Not sure why.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^ Damn Apple stuff. :evil:

:-[ Sorry. Couldn't resist that. I am sure someone on here will have an answer for you though denney.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dreytac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queensland
I'm getting a Galaxy S II in a couple of weeks so hopefully Android plays a little nicer. Would like to fix this issue though cause then I could just leave the iPhone in the car as a glorified MP3 player. :P
  • 2009 2.0ltr i30 GLX

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
You always need to press Random again, it remembers the track but not the settings for the playlist.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
Unfortunatly its the car stero that doesnt remeber the random setting, same thing happens with Ipod, Iphone, and android phones.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Dreytac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queensland
Bummer. Oh well, guess I'll just have to deal with it. Add it to my startup routine. My other thought was using an android phone but if it's the stereo itself then yeah, won't make a difference. Thanks for the help guys.
  • 2009 2.0ltr i30 GLX

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You might be better off selling your iPhone and just dumping your music on to a memory stick/flash drive. Many, including myself find this more than adequate.... :D

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
You might be better off selling your iPhone and just dumping your music on to a memory stick/flash drive. Many, including myself find this more than adequate.... :D
And on these the stereo remembers where it left off.

Offline Dreytac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queensland
Still doesn't remember that it should be set to random though. The iPhone also remembers where it left off.

Thing is the iPhone isn't worth selling so I was just going to use it as an MP3 player.
  • 2009 2.0ltr i30 GLX

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Still doesn't remember that it should be set to random though. The iPhone also remembers where it left off.

Thing is the iPhone isn't worth selling so I was just going to use it as an MP3 player.

Ah. OK. I understand now. I've never worried about random settings.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
 :whsaid:

The iPhone is a lot bulkier than a flash drive though, but I guess if that doesn't bother you, then you might as well use it... :goodjob:

Offline Dreytac

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queensland
I'll just put it in the centre console. Never gets used anyway... Well, except for the copious amounts of napkins you get from fast food joints.
  • 2009 2.0ltr i30 GLX

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... from fast food joints.

I was wondering why your avatar resembled someone taking a tough dump :eek:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Too many fast food joints  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline SpikeInfinity

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Norwich
Hey guys. I've tried searching the net and came up with a few hits but nothing that helps. I have recently bought a 2009 i30 and an iPhone cable. The iPhone itself works perfectly but I like to play all of the music on my phone in random.

I press the random button in the car and that works fine but when I turn the car off and back on again, it resumes playing from the same song but I have to hit random again. Is this an intended "feature" of the radio or a bug? Is there any fix for this annoying problem?

It's not just me then. I like to play all my songs in random order and it's a pain in the bum having to turn random on every time.
But it's not just the inconvienience of having to do this, it's the fact that you never get to hear all your songs; when it re-randomises, the songs you've already listened to can get shuffled near the start of the playlist again. Other cars seem to be OK remembering the random mode position, why can't the i30?
  • i30 Style Nav 2012 1.4 Petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal