i30 Owners Club

Samsung Galaxy S3 Bluetooth won't connect to my GD Elite i30

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld
My Samsung Galaxy S3 Bluetooth refuses to pair with my 2012 GD Elite i30.  The i30 does not recognise the phone at all, yet My HTC Sensation XL works perfect. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. Thanks :fum:
  • i30 Elite 1.6 CRDI GD 5d Hatchback DTFI 1582

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That's a shame, as all the Galaxy's to date (well, upto Feb 2012) have coped well according to the compatibility guide we have listed here.

Have you mentioned this to your dealer yet?

In the meantime, I'll have a scout around to see if I can find anything out...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Chrisc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Wendee, my thread on here  may help. I had the same issue with my iPhone  not pairing with my new i30 and after much head scratching from the dealer and service staff and even a whole Bluetooth replacement, the issue was the fact that I had in excess of 1000 contacts in my phone. I reduced that to around 400 and it's fine now. :)
  • Hyundai i30 Elite

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld
That's a shame, as all the Galaxy's to date (well, upto Feb 2012) have coped well according to the compatibility guide we have listed here.

Have you mentioned this to your dealer yet?

In the meantime, I'll have a scout around to see if I can find anything out...

Good News - After turning the Samsung Galaxy on and off with several attempts it finally worked! So yes it does pair with the i30 I also had turn the car completely off and on again quite a few times as well and yes it took quite a few attempts on different days too. (hopefully it does not have any more issues. Yay...... Thank you for your input. Cheers! Wendee.
  • i30 Elite 1.6 CRDI GD 5d Hatchback DTFI 1582

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I wonder if there's a pattern or technique to "pairing" with the newer phones/BT units...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I wonder if the following would help, there are reports that it updates Bluetooth as well, probably meaning new phones as they come to market maintaining compatibility!

For UK owners at least there is a software update for our units which fixes the Bluetooth issue of only displaying the first track on your device and more importantly switches on traffic updates in the satnav system. 

I presume that there are other upgrades and patches too, I need to research more to see what they are.

I have just downloaded and installed in the i40, a pretty painless process, but don't believe the bit on the site where it says insert the USB drive and the update will take a couple of minutes, it's more like 20 minutes!

Here is the link

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-HyundaiEMEA-Site
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline alexeiw123

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Port Macquarie
I have a samsung galaxy nexus which pairs fine, i have seen a quirk however with it not connecting, and found that in order to get it to reconnect, I needed to delete 'i30' from the bluetooth settings on my phone, and then delete my phone from the bluetooth settings in the car, then start the connection process again.

Everything works as intended though except after a week or so, my recent calls list gets 'stuck' on the car display, but I don't bother clearing it and re-adding it, because then I have to set my speed dials again.

Offline bear1963

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
I had same problem with my samsung galaxy ace. Try and delete all your bluetooth contacts in your phone so the phone is showing no contacts for bluetooth then try again. it might be a good idea to turn the phone off and on again after deleting your bluetooth contacts before retrying hope this helps Dave.:)
  • 2012 i30 blue active diesel 1.6cc

Offline gavinpickles

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
I picked my car up on Monday and have had no issues at connecting my S3 to the car. I have also connected my wife's S3 as well and can select between the 2 on the touchscreen. Everyting is working fine for me.  :D
  • i30 Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal