i30 Owners Club

My old Ipod will only work with the controller on the ipod not the car radio

Offline bear1963

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
Is this correct when i plug my ipod in it will only work by the ipod controller and the only thing i can do with the car controls is adjust the volume. My old i30 was fine 2008 premium 1.6 it allowing me to pick all my playlists by the car radio. My new 130 is 2012 blue active 97co2 but i cannot control anything apart from the volume. Any ideas Please ????
  • 2012 i30 blue active diesel 1.6cc

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Hello Bear 1963, welcome to the Forum :-)

Check this Thread first :- https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=18059.0;topicseen

Courtesy of Chrisc " I had the same issue with my iPhone  not pairing with my new i30 and after much head scratching from the dealer and service staff and even a whole Bluetooth replacement, the issue was the fact that I had in excess of 1000 contacts in my phone. I reduced that to around 400 and it's fine now. "

I can confirm that the new iPhone works in my 2008 1.6 petrol Premium, all functions via the steering wheel controls. So it would seem you need someone from here who has a new iPhone and a new i30 to help you out properly from their experience & knowledge.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 15:21:57 by Fawx-eey. »
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Keith

The problem as I read it is with an iPod not an iPhone.

I recall having similar problems getting my wife's iPod to sync in my previous i30. So she started to use a USB stick which worked fine. We haven't tried her iPod in the new car because I sold the Hyundai genuine iPod cable to a member of this forum.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal