i30 Owners Club

MY2010 CRDi - noisy rear suspension

kimmie · 5 · 1953

Offline kimmie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Hi all,

I can hear a light rattling noise that (seems) like coming from the rear suspensions every time I pass on a speed bump on the road. It's not 'that' annoying, but still is a strange noise to my ears - having used to a 'silent' one on my 10 years old Corolla. It sounded as if something in my boot is rattling (my boot is empty, btw)

I haven't try to take off my spare tyre, but I am pretty sure it was not the culprit as it was pretty much 'tighten' using the supplied lock.

Any idea?
  • MY10 CRDi i30 SLX Hyper Silver & MY14 CRDi i30 Trophy Sleek Silver

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
The contents of the boot (ie the wheel changing stuff inside the spare wheel) are a likely culprit.
However I did have such a clatter a year back - and I too was convinced of a suspension gremlin.  I reported this when in for service, and a rear caliper was freed off.  I was sceptical, most unconvinced, unimpressed etc by that.  But the noise has not reappeared.
Ed

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
We had a report of a UK 2007 CRDi (from eye30 I think) whose exhaust silencer mount had broken loose, causing a similar rattle. Shouldn't be too hard to investigate it yourself... I'll try and find a link to the post (if I remember) later.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
We had a report of a UK 2007 CRDi (from eye30 I think) whose exhaust silencer mount had broken loose, causing a similar rattle. Shouldn't be too hard to investigate it yourself... I'll try and find a link to the post (if I remember) later.

Well remembered Shambles.
Here it is:

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=7846.msg92598#msg92598
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline kimmie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
thanks eye30 and Shambles. mine doesn't sound like that... I will try to spend some more time this weekend to find the culprit. could be just the spare tyre and its 'friends' inside...

Well remembered Shambles.
Here it is:

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=7846.msg92598#msg92598
  • MY10 CRDi i30 SLX Hyper Silver & MY14 CRDi i30 Trophy Sleek Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal