i30 Owners Club

Head unit lockup

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Last night and for no apparent reason the head unit locked up refusing to respond to any of the buttons. It was playing media via BT at the time which I frequently do. It reset after turning the car off for a while however this is not always going to be a convenient solution.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a proper solution?

Thanks

Keith
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
I haven't had a lock up occur on my GD i30, but I have had the program jupiter.exe crash, taking the entire GPS subsystem down with it. The only way I was able to resolve it was by turning the car off for a while, then back on again. It seems like a painful way to reboot the wad unit computer.
I had tried turning the head unit off then back on again, but that hadn't worked.

The head units run Windows CE embedded, so I'd suspect they will be prone to crashes/freezing at the most inopportune moment.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Iv'e had a similar problem also. I was BT streaming with an iPhone and it got stuck and froze.  The only way I could unfreeze the system was to turn off my iPhone 4S. I think the iPhone is the culprit personally because ever since iOS's latest update I've never seen it happen again.  Hope this helps

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I've had the same thing happen once when I was using the Bluetooth phone connection.
It just froze and I had to switch engine off to disconnect the phone, restart the engine, allow the phone to reconnect, then it was all OK.
It hasn't happened since.
  • Tertius the i30

ouri30
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the headunit have a reset button.  You need a small object like a paper clip to push it in.  I think it's on the left at the top.  Haven't had to use it yet.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Not sure, I'd have to check that.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

ouri30
Not sure, I'd have to check that.  :undecided:

Just checked and the reset is just above CD eject button.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal