i30 Owners Club

Aircon blowing hot and cold

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Hi Phil,
I'd like to borrow this post from Roysmits and ask a problem to the contrary.

It's summer here, temperature is always over 34 deg.c in the day time. So AC is necessary when driving. When I drove home after work in the evening (say 17:30), outside temperature was still around 32 deg.c. I turned on AC (set 24 deg.c, fan volume 1, blow top) and enjoyed the cold air. But after 7 minutes, AC changed to blow hot air which made me very uncomfortable and forced me to open all the windows. Then in few minutes, it started to blow cold air slowly and back to normal. However it blow hot air again...This situation (hot & cold) repeated several times until I got home. Can you pls give me a hint about the solution ? :undecided:

Administrator Comment Split from :link: Heater blows cold air and aircon not working.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hi Phil,
I'd like to borrow this post from Roysmits and ask a problem to the contrary.

It's summer here, temperature is always over 34 deg.c in the day time. So AC is necessary when driving. When I drove home after work in the evening (say 17:30), outside temperature was still around 32 deg.c. I turned on AC (set 24 deg.c, fan volume 1, blow top) and enjoyed the cold air. But after 7 minutes, AC changed to blow hot air which made me very uncomfortable and forced me to open all the windows. Then in few minutes, it started to blow cold air slowly and back to normal. However it blow hot air again...This situation (hot & cold) repeated several times until I got home. Can you pls give me a hint about the solution ? :undecided:

The 1st and most obvious answer would be, have you got the heater on as well. If you don't have the Auto function on your heater then it is quite possible to run the heater AND AC at the same time. Check to see that the temp control knob is set to the left full blue position.

Otherwise, by hot air, do you mean the hot summer air (same as outside), or heated air from the engine coolant (really hot) ?
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
My AC is not the manual type, I always set the required temperature 24 deg.C. Mine is like this.

As to the hot air mentioned, it's really hot, seems not the hot air from outside, and the heat made the interior plastic parts  generating cracking sound (sounds like plastic part got expansion).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:03:29 by Alasama »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal