i30 Owners Club

Hyundai UK's new scrappage schemes + offers for existing scrappage customers!

Lorian · 25 · 6953

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Hyundai UK have been busy dreaming up schemes to keep people buying cars when scrappage runs out next month. Pretty imaginitive too, on first sight. Keep in mind more details are required/need confirming on these offers:

Offer 1 - New customers

"Hyundai is launching its own £2000 scrappage incentive scheme to ensure it doesn’t suffer a significant drop in sales when the government-backed scheme ends."

Offer 2 - For existing Hyundai Scrappage customers!

"Hyundai is also offering people who own an i10, i20 or i30 the chance to trade it in for a 10-registration model under its Happy Returns scheme. The customer contribution for an i10 plus their current car is £499. An i20 will cost £599 and an i30 £749."

<I guess they are short of nearly new stock - need to see the details for this offer regarding trim level changes, mileage and other conditions etc>

Offer 3 - Freinds and Family voucher (Can I ebay this?)

The final scheme Hyundai is offering is Friends and Family. Under this, all 33,000 people who have bought a Hyundai under scrappage will be sent a £250 voucher to pass on to someone to spend on any new Hyundai.

Full story

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Hyundai/246850/

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

"Hyundai is also offering people who own an i10, i20 or i30 the chance to trade it in for a 10-registration model under its Happy Returns scheme. The customer contribution for an i10 plus their current car is £499. An i20 will cost £599 and an i30 £749."

Seems a bit quick for someone to be off loading a car they have just bought under the scheme i.e less than 12 months old.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Offer 2 doesn't say it's for scrappage customers only in the Autocar article :wink: :wink:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

<edit> some reports say this is on a "car previously purchased on scrappage" and some say similar to "The swap can only be made if the car is less than one year old.", so we need to see the offical details.

Also their "swappage" scheme for older cars seem to for those at least 7 years to 10 years old.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Seems a bit quick for someone to be off loading a car they have just bought under the scheme i.e less than 12 months old.

Read elsewhere:

"owners can chop in their Hyundai at any time up to the first anniversary of their purchase for a fixed fee – £499 for an i10, £599 for an i20 or £749 for an i30. Which is a pretty good deal as it will save owners renewing their tax disc and forking out for the first service."

If this is true, then No service cost, no road tax, and an extra 12 months tyre rubber, and something on the residual value.  I'll certainly consider it if still on offer at the end of the year.

I'm sure there will exclusions and conditions to add to the headline of this deal, the devil will be in the detail.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Pity they don't have offers like that here.. the mileage I do it would have been a no brainer... :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Pity they don't have offers like that here.. the mileage I do it would have been a no brainer... :eek:

I am sure there will have to be a mileage limit in the small print.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You are no doubt right.. :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK

Think I may go for it  :D :lol:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Looks like metalic paint is going to be extra. Still no mention of how they will deal with the model specs bein different from 2009 to 2010.

Anyone with an '09 plate that's less than a year old interested in doing this will be wanting to quiz their dealer soon.

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
Lorian,
Yes 10k max mileage, must not be any damage and extras to be purchased again if you wish.

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.

Offline PeeJay36

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Hyundai are saying that if you bought a special edition comfort  (i.e SE OR ES etc,etc) anything above and beyond comfort spec is classed as an optional extra, so you only get a comfort model. They are also classing the new comfort as a replacement for the old style model. As someone has stated if your car has metallic paint you still have to pay for metallic extra. Its a shame as the new comfort isnt quite as good spec wise as the old one imho.Still seems pretty good though.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I definitely won't be doing it then, It would be quite a downgrade from a style. I'd have only really done it for an "edition" for the extra fee, and even then they wouldn't have my colour.

Offline PeeJay36

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Me too, if I can get an Edition model, otherwise it will be a downgrade even from a comfort to a comfort model.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

The offer looks good on paper, few £hundred quid to change to a new car, but as said they have down graded the speci and any extras you have have to be bought again.

So is it a good offer when all said?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline PeeJay36

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
To change to an Edition 1.4 from an 09 Comfort 1.4 costs £2100. with the happy returns deal.

Offline highandnotdry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Portsmouth
I thought that the 2010 Comfort was a slight upgrade on the 2009 model (16" alloys, leather gearknob/steering wheel). Do you know what has been downgraded for the 2010 Comfort ?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

space saver spare.

I bought mine in 2007 and came with spacesaver

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

They switched to full size some time in 2009, probably February (Czech) but now switched back again from Jan 4th.

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
Don't seem such a good deal after all, considering all the downgrading that has taken place :rolleyes:

Offline PeeJay36

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
I have looked into it and it doesnt seem as good as it could be, I popped in to my dealers tonight and to upgrade to a Diesel would cost nearly £3k. Back to the drawing board for me :rolleyes:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal