i30 Owners Club

Wheel alignment specs for FD versus GD

Dazzler · 36 · 9323

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
They are different.
The second from last alignment I had done on my GD they used FD specs and it pulled left.
It has since been redone.
I can't believe any professional workshop would use another vehicles specs as near enough is good enough. WTF.

Is that what you're telling us, they did not have the GD specs in their system and subbed FD??

They had both, saw it was a 2012 model which covers both, didn't know an FD from a GD and picked the wrong one.
:rofl: Google?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
They had both, saw it was a 2012 model which covers both, didn't know an FD from a GD and picked the wrong one.

:goodjob2:

This probably sums up all the above complaints.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
ago
That's interesting! #@%#$% means the same in Vietnamese as it does in English!  

I cannot bring myself to swear hence @$^$!#%@@%  :).  Took to Bob Jane this morning and they said - sorry we r booked out, come back another time during the week and we can help you .... !#@$%%^^@ :)
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
ago
That's interesting! #@%#$% means the same in Vietnamese as it does in English!   

I cannot bring myself to swear hence @$^$!#%@@%  :).  Took to Bob Jane this morning and they said - sorry we r booked out, come back another time during the week and we can help you .... !#@$%%^^@ :)

I don't know that last swear word? If that is your wife in your avatar I might be able to squeeze a detour into Sydney in my next road trip..  :eek: :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
If that is your wife in your avatar I might be able to squeeze a detour into Sydney in my next road trip..  

hahahaha... after a few kegs of beer, everyone look sexy
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I was playing with the GDS and remembered this topic. Here are the alignment values for FD from the workshop manual. As I remembered. Toe is pretty much all they can do. Everything else needs new parts. Heard same thing from the suspension shop last summer when I got my alignment done.

:link: FD alingment.pdf - Google Drive
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal