i30 Owners Club

Mk2 Water in rear foot well

Offline Tecknet

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wales
Hi,
Hew to the forum but in need of some help.  My wife's I30 Mk2 has started getting water pooling in the rear footwells, I can't see where its coming from but doing some internet searches it seems that the door seal would be the issue, I changed the door seal (the one that is attached to the body of the car) but I still have the issue.  There is another rubber seal that is attached to the door but I can not seem to find any to purchase online , I do not want to go to the main dealer as I am sure they will charge me enough to buy an entire new door.  Does anybody know what the part is that I need?
Thanks for any help.
  • Hyundai i30 Mk2 1.6 crdi

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
To get part number specific to your vehicle, try entering your VIN number on partsouk website i.e. https://partsouq.com/
You should be able to browse the body drawings to find the door seal and its part number.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline Tecknet

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wales
Hi Greyhound, thanks for the link.  I have found the exact part number I need , now just need to find somewhere to get the part from.
  • Hyundai i30 Mk2 1.6 crdi

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I guess another source could be a breakers yard, if you can find one with bits from a i30 GD (2nd Gen) like yours.

Are you sure the water ingress is via a rear door seal or seals? is puddling on both sides?

Unless Wales is subject to a hosepipe ban (I think not), have you investigated with simulated rain or even during actual rainfall?
The front doors extend back to the rear footwells, so maybe worth checking there during your investigation.

I would also check for any blocked door drain holes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 16:47:57 by Greyhound »
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Have you checked if water is getting into the boot as well? I had a Rover 75 with water getting in, it turned out to be the cabin air extract vent which was dislodged, so water could get in around it. It was hidden under the rear bumper, took the bumper off, pushed the vent back in until it snapped into place, problem solved.

The door seals on my 2015 i30 are perished and falling to bits, but not had any water leaking in yet.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal