i30 Owners Club

Servicing

bumpkin · 14 · 2159

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
It would appear that Hyundai UK are going completely electronic on the service record and new cars are not being sold with a service booklet for stamping.

How does this impact on getting a vehicle serviced at an independent using OEM parts to maintain warranty?  Presumably Hyundai are not going to give every garage access to the service database to input that a vehicle has been through it's routine?

This has also been an issue for some time with owners who choose not to use dealer servicing actually being unaware of any advisory works which tend to be done when the car is in at main dealer, only they know about it and so unless an advisory repair becomes a full blown recall many vehicles can be missed.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I know this view will not be popular but I agree with Hyundai.

Whilst there are many reliable and diligent independents about - there are many more who are dodgy. We expect Hyundai to pick up the tab on a warranty claim and all too often there is a hard to prove suspicion that the car has not been properly serviced.

Secondly - buyer power and competition has skimmed selling prices to the bare bone and the dealerships depend more and more on servicing as a main revenue stream. I don't blame Hyundai one bit for supporting their dealer network.

So - if an owner is going to penny pinch on getting their car properly serviced by going elsewhere - the cost to them is the possible loss of advisory work being done or warranty support.

Yer pays yer money and yer 'as yer choice.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I thought that the EU legislated that independents were not to be disadvantaged by manufacturers :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'd be pissed if they did it here,that would be Hyundai basically dictating that I drive a minimum of 80klms(50 Mls) to get my car serviced,if they brought their servicing costs down to a realistic cost,Example is their diesel oil filters,they say they cost $130 here and many of us have proven we can get them for less than $50 delivered to our doors,again maybe if the brought their prices down to reality,they would get a higher volume of work
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Ask for itemised invoice prior to paying or if on service plan request schedule of work undertake etc
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Ask for itemised invoice prior to paying or if on service plan request schedule of work undertake etc

They already do this over here automatically,you can also get an itemized,quote before hand,but this still not stop them either charging or quoting their extortionist prices
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

They already do this over here automatically,you can also get an itemized,quote before hand,but this still not stop them either charging or quoting their extortionist prices
Itemised and prices are 2 different parts to any bill or quote.

Itemised tells you what they intend to do, quote, or have done, invoice.

Price in quote gives you the option to look elsewhere or negotiate better price.

Whereas price on invoice is the price you pay!

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
It would appear that Hyundai UK are going completely electronic on the service record and new cars are not being sold with a service booklet for stamping.

Umm so I go to buy a second hand i30 and the owner has no service book. So I go buy something else instead. Madness. Do you have some reference for this?

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Came about as my friends independent garage managed to lose her ix35 service book, contacted Hyundai Aberdeen to get a replacement and was told that Hy had stopped doing service books and that there was no need as it had gone electronic.

I queried it with my other mate who is parts manager at Hy Aberdeen and he said that was true.

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Came about as my friends independent garage managed to lose her ix35 service book, contacted Hyundai Aberdeen to get a replacement and was told that Hy had stopped doing service books and that there was no need as it had gone electronic.

I queried it with my other mate who is parts manager at Hy Aberdeen and he said that was true.

do other marques have this or intending to go this way I wonder

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Well for sure all the service history is on their computer, but how do you prove FSH - Drive to a dealer with a potential buyer on a Sunday?

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
You'll have to keep all your invoices to show a buyer when you want to sell the car again.

I bought a 10 y/o Nissan where all invoices followed the car.. :)
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That happened to me when I was looking as a BMW 318 for my son. I saw the invoices for work already performed (and the prices) and ran a mile.  :coolingoff:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Well for sure all the service history is on their computer, but how do you prove FSH - Drive to a dealer with a potential buyer on a Sunday?

The point I would make is that potentially the FSH is NOT on their computer UNLESS Hyundai give every independent access to their service database.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal