i30 Owners Club

Speed of power windows

Guest · 18 · 5651

chanraymond
This is a weird question, but is the speed of the power windows winding up and down the same in all your windows? I noticed that the front passenger side is slower than the front driver side.

Don't think it's a problem but I thought it's usually the same speed?

Offline i30-Sport

• 2nd Gear

• at Austria
      Vienna

• "Real Quality matters!"
By our both i30s all 8 windows has the same speed.
I think it is not the right adjustement by your front passenger side window.

Karl

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Just checked Fergie. All 4 at same speed (with engine running)

Possibly a little tight just yet on the passenger side...?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Sometimes the regulators are a little tight internally - not common tho. Could also be dry in the window channels in the door, providing too much resistance to the glass moving. In any case if there's a significant difference you should be able to get the dealer to sort it out for you. Or you could wait and see if it gets better (or worse) and go from there.  :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
All with engine running:

Driver OK

Front passenger - slowish

Rear 2 - medium to OK

No engine - all slowish
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

bez10y
I've noticed the drivers side power window is slower than the others, but not by much and most likely it's due to my perceived impatience more than anything else ;)

Offline middy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• White i30 SLX CRDi, 5sp man. Brisbane, QLD
... Could also be dry in the window channels in the door, providing too much resistance to the glass moving....

Just wondering what is the best way to keep the channels clean so the glass doesn't start binding?  Do you apply anything to the channels to keep them 'slippery'?

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Just wondering what is the best way to keep the channels clean so the glass doesn't start binding?  Do you apply anything to the channels to keep them 'slippery'?

I use silicon spray - you just have to be sure that it doesn't get on anything other than the window channels. If it gets on the glass it'll smear and if it gets on any plastic trim or anything it won't hurt it but it'll look wierd until you clean it off - and that can take some doing. 

Some people use dry-lube sticks. Not my favourite idea though, hard to make it work neatly.

Just make sure you don't use anything petroleum based - and unless you have a problem with the way the windows are working I wouldn't worry about lubricating them. I certainly don't do it just as a preventative.  :)

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My front driver's side is quick, front passenger is the slowest. The 2 rear seem to be very very quick though.

Doesn't bother me either way, except when I'm in a rush and all the windows are up, except for the front passenger!!

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
On mine I didn't notice a difference besides by pressing the 2 buttons doesn't mean that we will be at the same time.
By the way it will be easy to change the 2 front window buttons with full auto? Can we find about if it is easy and how much will cost the 2 buttons?

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

I'd like full auto on my buttons too, but it's internal in that window switch and I don't think it'd be very easy to do. If you had a bit of electrical skill and a bit of time and money I'm sure it could be achieved tho. It'd involve disassembling and changing parts inside the master switch block tho, which is more intricate than I would want to get with something that's under warranty...  :neutral:

bez10y
I'd love to get auto up added to the drivers side, it's annoying that it's not there especially on the SR which supposedly has all the extra cool bits.

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

I'd love to get auto up added to the drivers side, it's annoying that it's not there especially on the SR which supposedly has all the extra cool bits.

haha yeah us SR drivers think we have lots of cool stuff - until you look at what the Europeans get in theirs - then it looks like we bought a poverty pack!  :rolleyes:

Auto windows are a real omission from Hyundai's range I think - I went for a ride in my brother-in-law's old 100 series LandCruiser the other day, and it has Auto down and up on all 4 doors!!!  :mad:

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

• Toowoomba, Queensland - White i30 SR (at last)
Auto windows are a real omission from Hyundai's range I think - I went for a ride in my brother-in-law's old 100 series LandCruiser the other day, and it has Auto down and up on all 4 doors!!!  :mad:

I asked the dealer about auto up when I got my SR & they said it was a legislative thing. Not allowed auto up any more as it is too dangerous. People get hands, arms, heads etc caught in it apparantly.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... People get hands, arms, heads etc caught in it apparantly.

I think your dealer is bullshitting you :rolleyes:. The power-up ceases immediately it detects an obstruction and lowers the window a few millimeters.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

I think Shambles is right, my sister's brand new Subaru WRX has auto up - It's like sunroofs, you can design them not to cut hands off.

I think it might be car sales-person bumpf.  :neutral:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I agree here, the dealer is trying to pull the wool :rolleyes:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline xpedro

• 2nd Gear
In Portugal, Classic models have only front power windows. Confort has 4 power windows (drivers have auto function) and Style has 4 power windows with auto function. In tems of speed, in my case (I have a Confort), back windows are much faster then the front ones (even the sound is different)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal