Current i30 with LED lights

accim · 20 · 7486

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Haven't seen any i30 in person with the new "accessory" so far, because it's a rather new thing, but i30's now have option for daylights (using LED in the bumper). In Germany it costs 299 EUR. In Slovenia, there are new price lists and some new equipment for i30's called "Plus", in which you have those daylights (LED) installed by default.

It looks rather interesting. Here's the pic

P.S.: This i30CW on the pic has some extra accessories, but I think you'll quickly find what I'm talking about.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good with the black car (thanks for posting that picture) .. interesting model with Xroad badge  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
looks like a country pack or cross pack has been added.  :neutral:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Hitman

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Those are pretty cool. I wonder if they can be fitted on older models.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Yeah, maybe. But the LED lights are now included as "standard" equipment if you order certain level of equipment.. So it's not a kit or something like that..

But interesting that the origins of those day lights probably come from MS design (or even originals now are made by them).

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
I think this is the kit from MS Design.

http://www.ms-design.com/produkte/singleview/marke/hyundai-i30-mxroad.html?no_cache=1&cHash=12f9e1208f9a32c29584d432bb46e128

Looks nice  :cool:

I remember seeing those, was tempting, but just wouldnt be sure if it would look right.
Sticks out too much, especially on a red car. the issue of cutting into the bumper potentially would be slightly off putting. :(
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline snakoil

• 2nd Gear
maybe one day i will simply order the new facelifted bumper with LED and some black housing headlamps
makes the car look much more 2011
over here there is no sign of the facelifted version...and I wonder if we will ever get it as there was no option to build a new one for me and they had to find it in a dealer in my country

carib
Haven't seen any i30 in person with the new "accessory" so far, because it's a rather new thing, but i30's now have option for daylights (using LED in the bumper). In Germany it costs 299 EUR. In Slovenia, there are new price lists and some new equipment for i30's called "Plus", in which you have those daylights (LED) installed by default.

Hi.
In EU (Europe Union) daylights are mandatory on new cars since 2011 February.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Hi.

It's amazing - all those years since Volvo first introduced DRLs in 1975 and they become compulsory in 2011.  They were a long way ahead of their time at the time.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Hi.

It's amazing - all those years since Volvo first introduced DRLs in 1975 and they become compulsory in 2011.  They were a long way ahead of their time at the time.

Volvo have a lot to answer for..... :mad:

In case you haven't gathered, I'm not a fan of them......

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Have you had much to do with them..? I haven't always admired their styling (a bit square) but when my Stepdad sold them in the early 70's they were well ahead of most of the other makes .. 4 wheel discs, Fuel injection etc... and some ground breaking safety features  :P
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I've had a couple of (early) Volvos and they were very under-rated cars.
I had a 244GL manual then a 264 GLE auto.
The newer ones don't really do it for me though.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Have you had much to do with them..? I haven't always admired their styling (a bit square) but when my Stepdad sold them in the early 70's they were well ahead of most of the other makes .. 4 wheel discs, Fuel injection etc... and some ground breaking safety features  :P

Definitely. For me, the Volvo still has the status as being of one of the safest cars. Just one thing bothering me about Volvo today - that it's Chinese now. Not that I have anything against Chinese, don't get me wrong, it's just because it sounds funny, because you would always refer to Volvo as the "Swede" or VW as the "German" and so on. It would be even funnier if it was Russians, French or Slovenians in stead of Chinese.

As for the newer models.. I don't know, I like the "square" old ones, or even better the ones from 1960's (Volvo P544), but I like the new ones too. Especially the new S/V60 or the XC60. Also been a fan of XC70 for some time.. My mother has 2003 Volvo V40 (but my father mostly drives it). What I like about that car are the seats. Though they say the S/V40 isn't a real Volvo, it's still really comfortable and feels very well put together. But we did have some issues with it. I also blame the service for many of them, but still.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:44:06 by accim »

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Sorry Daz, I meant DRL's..... :confused:

But, now that I'm on the subject, my other issue with Volvo are the people who drive them.... :p

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I didn't know that Volvo was now owned by the Chinese?
It's a different world.
Jaguar/Land Rover owned by India.
Next they'll be telling me that Australia doesn't own Vegemite or that our Prime Minister is from Wales or something :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm not sure that Australia owns anything these days..... :p

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I think The South Pole is still ours  :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Indeed, rather they get owned (or is that pwned?) by the Irish :P

(rugby world cup)