i30 Owners Club

How Hyundai Rose from Laughing Stock to No. 3 in the U.S.

tla · 7 · 2381

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/05/27/2011052700413.html

Interesting article about the rise of Hyundai in the US.

I didn't know that Hyundai hired the head of Audi's design team in 2006.  It explains many of the stylistic changes in the recent couple of years.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
I've noticed so many more Hyundai's  & Kia'sdriving around these days.  I think it is good, it has sort of leveled the playing field.

The cars are sexy and so far the only problem I've had with mine is the stereo which they fixed :-)

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
The other main point I got from the article was the Hyundai chairman's focus on quality.  I guess that's not a big surprise to the members of this forum.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
The other main point I got from the article was the Hyundai chairman's focus on quality.  I guess that's not a big surprise to the members of this forum.
no longer a cheap and cheerful car,or a throw away car.  :wink: they are built to last.  :goodjob: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
no longer a cheap and cheerful car,or a throw away car.  :wink: they are built to last.  :goodjob: :mrgreen:

But, to some people they will always be a cheap and cheerful car....no matter how good they've become.... :undecided:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

But, to some people they will always be a cheap and cheerful car....no matter how good they've become.... :undecided:

Badge snobbery unforunately
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Badge snobbery unforunately

Oh well, it is their loss.. we hired a corolla a couple of weeks back, and my boyfriend (who teased me for getting a Hyundai) said that he liked my car better than the corolla.  So even he is a convert.  People just need to keep an open mind

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal