i30 Owners Club

Anti Perforation Check 12 months??

Offline winngames

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a 2014 I30 1.6 CRDI which i am very happy with;still looks like new!

after purchase I checked the service book and I've noticed that the Anti Perforation Check was not conducted at 12 months when it should have. It had a service at 13 months but they didn't do the Anti Perforation Check which is now 11 weeks overdue and 2500 miles over. think it will be OK if i get it checked this week by a Hyundai dealer?

Thanks

• Hyundai i30 1.6

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Was the service done by a dealer?

If so, they probable did it but did not stamp/sign the book.

Just get them to stamp the book etc
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi winngames

:wttc:

Take contact to the dealer that performed the service and ask if it's possible or if stamping the book was just forgotten.

The milage doesn't matter regarding perforation check as it just once a year.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a 2014 I30 1.6 CRDI which i am very happy with;still looks like new!

after purchase I checked the service book and I've noticed that the Anti Perforation Check was not conducted at 12 months when it should have. It had a service at 13 months but they didn't do the Anti Perforation Check which is now 11 weeks overdue and 2500 miles over. think it will be OK if i get it checked this week by a Hyundai dealer?
I have found myself in a similar situation.

I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Reg13 Hyundai I30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive Active 5dr (ISG) from an independent 2nd hand dealer and after reading this post checked my photos of the Service/Warranty book I took during the viewing to find that there is only a dealer stamp for the service and not one for the Anti-Perforation Check.

I rang Hyundai UK and asked the question - whether the stamp was really necessary? did they have centralized records of the dealer doing the Anti-Perforation Check when they did the service?

I was told that the stamp was necessary for the Anti-Perforation warranty to be valid!

Hyundai UK rang the dealer who had done the service and confirmed that the Anti-Perforation Check had been carried out as per the dealers records.  And also arranged that (if I purchased the vehicle) the dealer would complete the Service/Warranty book correctly and stamp the Anti-Perforation Check making the Anti-Perforation warranty valid.

The only sticking point is that the original dealer who did the service - is over a 5hrs drive from where I live! 
Trusting Royal Mail is not really an option if a physical Stamp is necessary for the warranty...
  • 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
I've looked at two further i30's since - and neither have the Anti-Perforation Check signed & stamped in the service book.
I have not rung Hyundai UK to quiz them further...  The first time I rang them - they did tell me that the stamp in the Service book as the be-all and end-all. 
However, if all dealers don't bother to stamp the service book when completing the Anti-Perforation Check - then either Hyundai UK need to remind dealers the requirements & enforce - or soften the approach.
  • 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal