i30 Owners Club

105,000k service

beerman · 13 · 3994

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Had the 105,000k service done yesterday.

New oil/filter, put on the set of tyres I got for $107, and the car had shown the occasional bit of reluctance to start since the cold started (well what we call cold in Queensland anyway) so I had the battery tested and given its result, replaced. It was close enough to stuffed, that leaving it in was sure to leave me stranded at some point, it was just playing roulette with when that was going to be.

Service and Battery $220 parts supplied (about $290 in total).

Still haven't had to replace the brake pads  :happydance: I wonder if I ever will....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Sounds OK, Beerman.  My battery is now 6.5 years old and the car is at about 103,000 klms.  I probably should do something about it before I get stuck somewhere.  The last couple of days it seems to have taken a fraction longer to start the car.  And (not supposed to start a sentence with that word) I think my brake pads would still be OK and should last a lot longer, too.

What did they charge you for the battery itself?  Same spec. as the original, I suppose?
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
You guys either very close or past end of warranty, are you striding forward confidently or fretting about costs that may lie ahead.

dealers are asking about $480 or so for my 45,000km service coming up. My eyes are watering.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Don't know the exact specs of the battery, I haven't looked, but it has a 3 year warranty, so that will do me.

I probably could have gone on with my battery, but it had done a couple of slow starts, and the last thing I would want after a night of nightwork, would be for the car not to start, so I tend to err on the side of caution.

I haven't decided what I will do when the lease expires next year. The car will have around 140k on it by then. I do like the thought of a new car, but there is plenty of things that can change my mind (cheap low k used FD diesels being one). I could roll mine over for another year and smash another 25,000k onto it too. I have no real worries about the car, has been bullet proof so far.

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks Beerman.  The 3 year battery wty must count for something (3 years at least!).

Constipated - I bought mine in Dec 2007 so it is well out of warranty now but even during the wty period I skipped a few Hyundai services (and did not get them done by any other mechanic).   Sometimes I thought they were asking too much $ and I decided to take the risk myself.  If something did go wrong that could have been attributed to non servicing by Hyundai, too bad.  My car has had 11 oil changes (mostly by me) in 103,000 klms so I am not at all concerned about the engine, that's for sure.

I was banking on the probability that the car was going to be pretty reliable and I was right.  I have no fear now that the car is at 103,000 klms and 6.5 years old.  I'll get Hyundai to do some stuff, like the fuel filter.  Mine is a manual and I don't worry about it causing problems.  I guess the clutch will die eventually but I try to look after it. 
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I replaced Lila's battery for $189.00 from Battery World, 2 weeks ago.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I replaced Lila's battery for $189.00 from Battery World, 2 weeks ago.

You were swindled my friend......Unless you got a 5 year warranty  :cool:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Mine have now 204000 km / 6,5years old and still on the stock battery. No worries so far.

My last car was 11 years old before the stock battery died..  :happydance:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

• 2013 i30 Elite Tourer CRDI Auto "Cool Red"
My son just had a problem with his Falcon XR6 battery, and when he went to have it replaced was told "you realise that this battery is original equipment?".  Car is a 2005 model! 
  • 2013 i30 Tourer Elite CRDI 1.6L D Auto Red

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My previous i30, sept 2007, still has original battery
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

New oil/filter, put on the set of tyres I got for $107, and the car had shown the occasional bit of reluctance to start since the cold started (well what we call cold in Queensland anyway) so I had the battery tested and given its result, replaced. It was close enough to stuffed, that leaving it in was sure to leave me stranded at some point, it was just playing roulette with when that was going to be.

Still haven't had to replace the brake pads  :happydance: I wonder if I ever will....

Very wise Beerman, I had to call a taxi to run me to a battery supplier and was late for an appointment as a result <sigh>   :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Very wise Beerman, I had to call a taxi to run me to a battery supplier and was late for an appointment as a result <sigh>   :Shocked: :Shocked:

I sure the breakdown services can supply at the call out but chage top dollar
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I have changed too many batteries in too many weird and wonderful places.

Now If I'm caught out the RACQ usually has one. Sure they cost more, but they do it then and there, and your not left holding the dead battery....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal