i30 Owners Club

This is interesting- fuel efficiency of Aussie cars is getting worse.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Increasing traffic on the roads I think would be one of the biggest factors to our drop in efficiency, we're all crawling along in traffic jams more often :disapp:

The nice long straight road I had behind me a year or two ago now has five fxxxing roundabouts and they're putting in more and more traffic lights wherever they feel they can congest traffic just that bit more :head_butt:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Increasing traffic on the roads I think would be one of the biggest factors to our drop in efficiency, we're all crawling along in traffic jams more often :disapp:

The nice long straight road I had behind me a year or two ago now has five fxxxing roundabouts and they're putting in more and more traffic lights wherever they feel they can congest traffic just that bit more :head_butt:

I think the article suggests the trend towards big SUV's and utes, even though many are diesel is the biggest culprit. Instead of people driving diesel i30's and Golfs getting say 5.0 L/100kms they are driving Diesel Sante Fe's and Amorok Utes averaging closer to 10 L/100 kms.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal