i30 Owners Club

tint questions

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
I am still waiting to recieve my i30, but the dealer said that he would tint my car for free.  I am wondering about the % of tint that is best.  I would like it to look good, using the darkest tint, but is that tooooo dark?

ideas?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well m8 depends if you drive at night much, the tint restricts side vision to a small extent, the darker the tint the more it effects side vision at night.
but it looks good and helps with sun in daytime.

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
yeah, in Korea the haze is unbelievable... actually, it gives me headaches... so i want the most for that reason and also to look good, however, i don't want to be bangin' in to anyone at night because i can't see them..

Offline Mullet

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah
At night you could drive with the windows down if it was that dark  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
In most of Australia it is 35% max which is enough to cut out a fair bit of heat and glare and look good from outside (I haven't noticed any problems with vision at night in the last few cars I've had with this level of tint)

I.M.O. Tinting is a very worthwhile option...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
In the UK 'limo' tint is the darkest and imo it looks too dark - it's only for barry boys. 'Smoke' looks quite nice, but it would be illegal on the driver & front passenger windows in the UK. 'Light Smoke' is quite nice and although it may well also be illegal on the fronts, you might just get away with it. I've toyed with the idea of light smoke on the fronts and Smoke on the rest (except the windscreen of course!).

Whatever you do, check the legal position first, so you know if you're breaking the law in your part of the world - and bear in mind that car glass is often already tinted to some extent. For example, the glass on my friend's car was already factory tinted to the UK legal limit before he put the tints on :oops:

UK legal position is maximum 30% tints on the front side glass and no restrictions on glass behind the 'B' pillar. Don't tint the windscreen at all!

Also, go for Titanium film - it's better quality.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal