i30 Owners Club

Life was simpler when I was a boy

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I had to look twice at this email (below) from a large, nation-wide company to realise that the sender Michael had seen the need to identify himself.

Is this the new norm??  My tired ol’ brain can’t keep up with the current activist-driven agendas about the sexes and genders you can identify with. 

No, I’m not a biologist or a geneticist that can argue the science of it.  But I don’t have to be a veterinarian to know a dog when I see one.

(Will understand if the moderators see the need to delete this post)

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
In short, yes, Terry. Plenty of corporates big and small are encouraging employees to identify specific personally perceived/chosen gender. Those who have never felt the need to do so are also doing this to show support for those who do.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :wss: :whsaid:

In the weeks prior to my retirement I was Cc'd on increasingly more email missives that highlighted the senders pronoun preferences in their signature.

I. Just. Don't. Geddit.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
In short, yes, Terry. Plenty of corporates big and small are encouraging employees to identify specific personally perceived/chosen gender. Those who have never felt the need to do so are also doing this to show support for those who do.

Okay, mate.  Thanks for the heads up.  I guess I'm a generation behind all this "inclusivity" stuff. :confused:

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
:wss: :whsaid:

In the weeks prior to my retirement I was Cc'd on increasingly more email missives that highlighted the senders pronoun preferences in their signature.

I. Just. Don't. Geddit.

Me neither. 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal