i30 Owners Club

Firty the Freakin' Fantastic Philosophical Frame For Fruitful Finkin'

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I tried calling my Firty the Mod Bitch but she deserves better.
She keeps providing the perfect creative platform without skipping a beat.

Lately, likely due to ageing of its inbuilt battery, my Navman EZY255LMT GPS, the double-hit of turning Firty's ignition on, waiting for the (Diesel) coil lamp to go out and then cranking, catches a slower boot process in the GPS and ends up white screening it in a hung state.

My GPS gathers live traffic information from participating radio stations using its charging cable as an antenna, so instead of customising this aspect, I use the whole power unit hooked up to a strategic fuse point, all tucked inside behind the fuse door.

However, with a few nifty adjustable time delay relays lying around, I used one to provide a 10s delay from fuse point to power unit and it now sits inside a neat little cardboard box (originally holding a freebie corporate convention USB - I don't throw ANYTHING away) also tucked in behind the fuse door (handy space, that - a real Tardis!).

nsns

So if anyone sees that they're having trouble getting their aftermarket devices to behave on ignition, let me know. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
$1:00 to $1:50, with free postage ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You know me so well! :crazy1: :rofl:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
You know me so well! :crazy1: :rofl:

:lol:, actually looked at those a few weeks ago to create some "alternate " pattern with a timer & flasher , for the brake lights on the bikes.
I lashed out big dollars, ($5:50) and bought a complete strobe - flash - on unit.
Need to score Red led lights next.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
, actually looked at those a few weeks ago to create some "alternate " pattern with a timer & flasher , for the brake lights on the bikes.
I lashed out big dollars, ($5:50) and bought a complete strobe - flash - on unit.
Need to score Red led lights next.
I am so friggin' proud of you, Mick :blubber:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
A day's driving to work and back and enough time to observe that the outcome is superb.

The GPS stays dark until a moment after I hit the ignition, cranked and shifted into reverse gear out of my parking spot. Then on comes the GPS, cleanly and reliably.

Those little timers are winners! :victory:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:40:19 by The Gonz »

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Delayed gratification    :wink:

A pic of my device. 2 in pack.
Makes the light: first strobe, second slow flash, third fully on, if power stays constant on. It resets to the start if power cut, so every release and re-application of brake(front or rear) will restart with strobe.
Just need to find suitable size red led light.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Very neat indeed. I'm suffering a mild case of hurry-the-F-up-eBay-delivery. :head_knock:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Delayed gratification    :wink:

Just how I like it.. and a happy ending! Well done Gonz!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Now there are two Hyper Silver i30 FDs with switchback DRL / turn signal LEDs within 50 metres of each other. Neighbour Serge is over the moon with the outcome.

From a technical perspective, it was interesting looking at the differences between the petrol and Diesel variants, in the engine fusebox alone. Frankly, the extra bridge built over the existing plane of fuses and relays, just to hold 2 relays and 2 fuses and some odd powered circuit module, was an annoying embuggerance.
Much happier with my Diesel layout. :D

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Now there are two Hyper Silver i30 FDs with switchback DRL / turn signal LEDs within 50 metres of each other. Neighbour Serge is over the moon with the outcome.

From a technical perspective, it was interesting looking at the differences between the petrol and Diesel variants, in the engine fusebox alone. Frankly, the extra bridge built over the existing plane of fuses and relays, just to hold 2 relays and 2 fuses and some odd powered circuit module, was an annoying embuggerance.
Much happier with my Diesel layout. :D
You trend setter. Bet you're   :happydance: :happydance:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You trend setter. Bet you're   

ns

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal