• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You are a good fella accim.. don't worry about doing too much talking/writing always worth a read  :goodjob:

Interesting about the Xenon HID quality.. and the photos are great too  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Daken76

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, Franken

• My other Ride is a GT650
Hello.

Nice Ride Buddy. Be pride in what you ride and keep on rollin.

The new facelifted i30 is also very nice.

Greetings from Germany  :wink:

Steve
  • 2008er 2.0 crdi cw white leather clima 18"DBVs tint windows ms design

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thank you  :goodjob:

The car is great, but would be even better, if it was 2.0 CRDi, like yours  :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Finally... Summer tires and alloys 16" on the CW. The tires are Dunlop SP Fastresponse. So far so good. They seem a bit loud though, but not too loud.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Finally... Summer tires
isn't it too early for them now?  :eek:
we still have snow and ice in the streets

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Finally... Summer tires
isn't it too early for them now?  :eek:
we still have snow and ice in the streets

Really? :) No not to early  :mrgreen: Well in the morning it's still around 2°C, but in the afternoon, it's around 20°C  :evil: Today it was 22°C, yesterday around 19-21°C and it's been like that for at least two weeks and it looks like it will be like that the entire March.

And as for snow.. We've barely had any this year  :confused: Actually..now we have problems with the lack of water.. It's forbiden to water the plants, wash the car..  :rolleyes:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

but in the afternoon, it's around 20°C  :evil: Today it was 22°C, yesterday around 19-21°C and it's been like that for at least two weeks
:Shocked:
if that is in the spring, I wonder what you would have in summer

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks good with the Alloys on accim..

I will be getting new Tyres in about a month on the Camry I'm looking forward to seeing what they feel like (I'm going to get something as good or better than the Dunlop 300E that are on it now - probably Goodyear or Michelin low rolling resistance tyres)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Your car's looking as nice as ever Accim. How are the kilometres going on this one?
Dave
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:54:59 by db08 »
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the comments  :goodjob:

Well db08, this one is doing much less kilometers, comparing to the previous one. I still do around 4.000 km /month, but I do less then 2.000 km /month with the i30. I drive the other car - R. Kangoo quite a lot also.

I've bought the car on the 14th Sept 2011. Till 16th December, I had done 10.000 km with it (which is also not that much (approx 3.340 km /month), because i drove mothers Volvo V40 for few weeks - that car is parked in the garage all the time and needs to be driven every once in a while). Anyways, as I've said, I did those 10.000 km in 3 months but today, the car has less then 15.000 km. I thought I passed 15k already, but no.. It's around 14.800 or smth. So that means I did less then 5.000 km in 3 months (4.700 to be exact) = approx 1.567 km /month => approx 20.000 km /year. Funny...  :lol: So my plan is to keep this i30 for a longer period of time  :goodjob:

And it wouldn't be me if i posted a post in this thread, without posting some pictures also..   :faint:

1st find the car  :whistler:

Playing with corel draw.. Not what I had in mind  :rolleyes:  :lol:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:17:11 by accim »

Offline jupitersj

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      New Jersey

• 2015 Subaru WRX Limited 2.0L T FA20DIT 6-speed MT
The rear bumper on this newer model looks much better than the old one :)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I'm here to attack you with some pictures  :lol:

Washed the car and took some pics. I really like the car and I still think, you get a lot for a reasonable amount of money.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Your car looks awesome, as ever accim  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks great with the alloys on accim and I still really like that colour  :goodjob:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the comments! :) While I was posting these pictures, I stumbled across some interesting older pics and thought it would be interesting to do a little comparison.. Not the same angle, but still close enough.

Previous i30CW

Current i30CW

and again

old

current

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:14:08 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interesting comparison accim. Although I was disappointed they didn't do the facelift of the front here in Australia when looking at these pix the front of your newer model can look a bit front heavy from some angles (no offence meant)  :-[ :confused:

A bit in the same way the Peugeot 407 can (even though that is a looker...)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Interesting comparison accim. Although I was disappointed they didn't do the facelift of the front here in Australia when looking at these pix the front of your newer model can look a bit front heavy from some angles (no offence meant)  :-[ :confused:

A bit in the same way the Peugeot 407 can (even though that is a looker...)

I understand what you mean. It's interesting you mentioned 407, because some few years ago, I was checking the 407 myself  :mrgreen:

I prefer the new look (front and side, not sure about the back yet), because it looks more "aggressive" and "sporty", but I also like the old one and I understand that many people even prefer the old over the new one. If I didn't know which one was a facelift and if I didn't know i30 that well, I believe I couldn't guess which one is "newer". I would probably come to conclusion that the "old one" is more of a "comfort/elegant" version and the "new one" probably some "sporty/sports pack" version of the i30.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for going to that trouble accim.. an interestng exercise (I appreciate you taking my comments in the right "spirit") :goodjob:

Generally if i don't like something I will say nothing and I wont say I like something if I don't ...

It is not that I don't like the face lifted front, I guess I am just used to the older style and while the new front looks sportier it is not as "neat"..

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for going to that trouble accim.. an interestng exercise (I appreciate you taking my comments in the right "spirit") :goodjob:

Generally if i don't like something I will say nothing and I wont say I like something if I don't ...

It is not that I don't like the face lifted front, I guess I am just used to the older style and while the new front looks sportier it is not as "neat"..

No need to explain it. I totally understand you m8  :goodjob:  I also like your Camry more then the new model and the facelift is quite similar to the i30's.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So here are few pictures from the Monday trip. Just to prove I still have the car  :mrgreen:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^-- nice. Quite a few horsepower on show there :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Did you release those horses from your engine to let them take a rest after a long driving?  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

^-- nice. Quite a few horsepower on show there :D

:whsaid:  I was going to say "nice"  too .. (and would have said the other bit if I thought of it...)  :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I was going to say lots of horse power there too but you've got to be quick on this forum  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good one. Yes, letting all that horse(power) out of the car to stretch their legs. They did their job quite well on that trip  :)

This pictures were made in Lipica. Quite a nice and relaxing place I must say. First time I was there and it's not even 1h from us. But really don't understand some of the people over there. Where the car was "parked" to make few pictures, the speed limit is 40 km/h. But some idiots just had to drive 60-80km/h, risking of crashing into the fence or even worse.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, so I must inform you, that since 5th October, I no longer own the i30CW. I've sold it to my uncle. He previously owned a Kia Ceed 1.4 petrol and was now looking to buy a car with more HP, a diesel, new or 1 year old, not to big, not small, preferably a wagon, not to expensive and with more equipment compared to his previous Ceed.

So..I offered him my i30. Why?? you are wondering. Well..I got married in the end of September and my (now) wife and I managed to move to our own apartment. So I had to invest in redecorating the apartment and needed $$, beside that, my mother was thinking about selling her Volvo V40, because she doesn't drive anymore (last year the Volvo did only 1.800 km -> yes that's 1.800 km IN A YEAR) as much and if she does, she can use fathers Santa Fe. So..retail prices for the Volvo were ridiculous and in that case, it's best to sell it to someone you know or something like that...

So.....it hit me. I sell my i30 to my uncle, buy the Volvo from my mother and it's a win-win situation for all of us. So offered that solution to both of them and they were all in for it.

I'll write more about the car that I bought in other topic.

Here are some pictures of the i30 when he was driving it back home.. Thought it doesn't seem to me like I've sold the car at all, because I see it very often -> every time I come to visit my parents - as my uncle lives right next to them.

My (vehicle) plans for future? Drive the Volvo as no. 1 car now for few months, then keep it as the car no. 2 and go for the ix30 (MPV) that is announced. Or maybe go for the ix35 -> probably used 1-2 years.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Congrats on getting married and getting an apartment accim  :cool!: :drinks:

Bit sad to see you temporarily out of a Hyundai into a Volvo though :Pout:

Never noticed before but your 2nd CW was a bit like my new car colour wise  :razz:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Congrats on getting married and getting an apartment accim  :cool!: :drinks:

Bit sad to see you temporarily out of a Hyundai into a Volvo though :Pout:

Never noticed before but your 2nd CW was a bit like my new car colour wise  :razz:

Thanks! The end of the September and all the October was a busy month. The marriage, moving, all the documents (me because of the different address, my better half because of the surname and the address) - ID, drivings license, credit cards, bank, mobile operator, and so on......

No worry, I think I'll go back to Hyundai soon  :) There's still one at home - fathers Santa Fe (oh wait...a term "at home" not properly used I guess..in the family then). Still getting used to it :) And in Slovenia, we already have the new Santa Fe since last week..so there's a chance my father will go for the new one..that would be interesting. Can't wait for the test drive.

Color - of course, that's why I said the color of your hybrid looks nice  :cool:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:13:49 by accim »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Congratulations accim on your marriage and your new apartment.
It is a good decision. I remember doing the same thing when I was younger - selling my nice car for a house and it was well worth it in the long run.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal