Accim's new beige i30CW

accim · 169 · 57898

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
only done that speed and a bit more once about 18 years ago before speed cameras (at 1.30am in the morning.)

On your way home from the pub, double dinking on a pushbike, down hill, with a tail wind?  :lol:

No, in a 1993 Nissan Bluebird on the way back from a Bank Seminar (an indicated 210KPH)  :mrgreen: But don't tell any ex-cops  :whistler: :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
 :rofl: :rofl:

About the alloys -> I have a set of 16" alloys with 205/55/16 on them (not that good though) from my ex i30CW. They are waiting for spring in the garage  :winker: And I just can't wait to put them on. It looks really funny on these. It would even be better, if I had some 15" alloys with 195/65 now, because these stock alloys are really narrow (5,5). Beside being narrow, they are (my opinion of course), too much "in" when they should/could be 1 cm more "out". I'll see, maybe I'll get some 15" alloys to go with my 195/65 winter tires for next winter.

BTW: If the cops "get you" doing 195 km/h on the highway, you would actually get "ticket" for going 188 km/h (-7 km/h because of the "tolerance" --> 7km/h tolerance for speed between 100-200 km/h and 11 km/h for 200 km/h+ ) which would cost you 300-400 EUR (that means 150-200 EUR if you pay in 8 days) and you would also get 9 "points" (when you reach 18 points you lose your license). So that means you could do it twice before loosing your license. And you would get the same ticket, even if you were driving 250 km/h. Btw, the speed limit is 130 km/h
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:39:39 by accim »

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Who's a naughty boy then  :D 195Kph (instant loss of license over here)

And a 30 day impoundment of your car under the anti hoon laws.... (first offence)  :mad:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You guys remember the video that was being discussed just last week(crash @ 120 mph). Fortunately, I leave early, cruise on the freeway & enjoy the ride @ 90-100k, used to do what you people do, but not interested any more.  :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Accim I didn't realise they were 15" alloys on your car now (They look a bit like our standard plastic wheel covers...)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the wife's cw has the same rims as accim's cw .  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Accim I didn't realise they were 15" alloys on your car now (They look a bit like our standard plastic wheel covers...)

I'll see, maybe I'll get some 15" alloys to go with my 195/65 winter tires for next winter.

:winker:

I said, that maybe I'll get some 15" alloys for next year for winter tires, because these stock wheels (steel wheels + plastic wheel covers) don't look that good on it.. And I already have 16" alloys (summer tires) waiting for the spring to come. So yes, at the moment I have normal steel wheels and plastic wheel covers  :goodjob:

You guys remember the video that was being discussed just last week(crash @ 120 mph). Fortunately, I leave early, cruise on the freeway & enjoy the ride @ 90-100k, used to do what you people do, but not interested any more.  :disapp:

I agree with you and please, don't think I do that all the time  :wink: It was just a simple test. I was afraid people might think that, that's why I posted the pictures as a hyperlink and didn't post a picture "for display". Also, few of the guys - I can remember 5 of them at the moment - which I used to know, had a crash @high speed and died (in let's say 5 year period)..

But the speed you are talking about (90-100 km/h) is a bit low for our circumstances, because the speed limit is 130 km/h and most people drive 130-160 km/h (even the cops don't chase you, if going below 150 km/h in most cases). Because of that it can be hard (more stressful) to "interact" with others if driving @90-100 km/h, especially if you are overtaking let's say 2-3 trucks and some vehicle behind you is getting closer and closer @250 km/h and not braking (just flashing their lights to tell you -> move or go faster) - in that case, accelerating to - as much as you can and as fast as you can - is a safest thing you can do  :rolleyes:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
accim

I understand what you are saying about your speed limits. I stay in the slow lane on our freeway, which is littered with every speed measuring trap available. I live 35 ks from the city and can be observed by the authorities from start to finish via cameras at every hill & bend. Big brother is always watching.  :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice car. Good color  :goodjob2:

First post since 2009  :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

HUH where have you been?  :blubber:  :blubber:  :faint: Thank you for the comment ;)

I still have the same GSM number, SMS me? Where are you now? Slovenia or some other country in EU/USA/...? I was in Koper&Portorož today. I'll post pictures, you'll probably know where it was taken.

Xamaxy
Hi Accim, nice new ride!! Welcome to the 6 speed heaven hehehehe :D

Was your first i30 Korean or Czech?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hi Accim, nice new ride!! Welcome to the 6 speed heaven hehehehe :D

Was your first i30 Korean or Czech?

Yes, 6 speed is nice, even though it's not as long as I thought it is. For example.. When driving 140 km/h in 6th gear, you are at around 2,850 rpm, whereas in 5-speed manual, you are at 3,000 rpm (in 5th). But okay..I still drive mostly around 3,000 rpm, but now it goes faster (150 km/h vs 140 km/h). The top speed is more interesting.. You reach it at approx 3,950-3,980 rpm and in 5-speed it was around 4,250 rpm..  :wink:

My first i30 was Korean, this one is Czech  :whistler:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
I wonder why you closed the registration plates of your car with white stripes in the photos placed in international forum  :D
I wouldn't mind being there now, sitting on the shore and catching fish with fish-rod

Xamaxy
Ofc 6-speed and 5-speed eventually "get together" but what 6-speed has is damn nice with very short first and second to pull you extremely fast, and in the middle fourth and fifth gear for easy city gliding 50-90kph and to get in the end niiiice economy :D

Any difference in korean and czech model? pros and cons?

@meehalych
You never know if our "dear blue elite" is watching....

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

First post since 2009  :Shocked: :Shocked:
As it is said - Better later, than never  :D
true,but not if your waiting for a heart transplant.  :faint: :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, few pictures from today, went to Austria again:

And new winter tires (Continental WinterContact TS830, 195/65/15)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice scenery accim  :goodjob: and I like the look of that tread pattern (is it a bit noisier though?)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks Dazz. The tires are great, they are even much better then the summer tires on wet road..  :rolleyes: And they aren't that noisy at all. Not sure if there is any difference.. Maybe 5%. The previous winter tires I had on, were quite noisy (at least 15% difference)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
These were taken few days ago - when I took the car to the service, to have the tires replaced.

About 10 years difference between them. I had one like that (Accent), just that my was better equipped. The color was the same.

Offline alc2

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
It  means  you  are an  old Hyundai  fan  :D. Are you  satisfied  about  the old  Accent , have  you  got extras  problems  along   these  10  years ? 

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
It  means  you  are an  old Hyundai  fan  :D. Are you  satisfied  about  the old  Accent , have  you  got extras  problems  along   these  10  years ?

Nono.. You got me wrong I think. That Accent is not mine, but I used to have it (it was sold 7 years ago) and it looked like that one. I just wrote, that there is probably 10 years of difference between those two cars. The accent is probably MY2000-2001 and the i30CW is 2011 ;)

As for being a fan.. Huh yes, I am a fan. 1. Accent,  2. Elantra, 3. Accent, 4. i30CW, 5. i30CW  :whistler:

But my father in law had exactly the same Accent (the same equipment, color..) just up until a year ago. He bought it in 2000 and sold it last year (traded it for new i30 1.4 petrol). He had no problems with it and hopes it will be the same with the i30 ;)

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Very nice car and pics accim...  :brilliant:
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
(a little late but) congrats for the... ehmm... new car!
Pictures are great as always! (you're Hemmi's crown prince IMO)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I'm late also  :mrgreen: Thanks for the comment babis_xo.
So let me say few things after being away for a while. My "better half" and I are fixing up the apartment and I also have a lot of work - at work, so I end up not having that much time as I used to have. But okay, I think things should get back to normal now slowly.
As for the car. Still running great. Because I'm using the other vehicle (Renault Kangoo) for "work" driving, I do less km's with the i30, but it's such a joy every time I sit in the i30 after a while. At the moment it has around 12,500 km on the clock, which is not a lot, considering the fact I've bought it in September (14th to be exact - so that's almost 5 months..huh time goes quickly). In January I did only around 1,500 km with it and approx 2,500 km with the "work" car. If the "ratio" stays like that, I will do "only" around 20,000 km with the i30 in a year, instead of doing 40-50k km/year with it. Not bad.
The car is parked in a nice garage while it's not being driven and is spared of often being driven on our salty roads, which are also full of chips and because of which many vehicles have paint problems..

I've installed the xenon hid kit in it the other day. I've had it in my previous i30 also, but took it out because I didn't drill the holes in the "caps"(through which the cables to the "ballast" go) the way I should and because of that the condense started to "accumulate" inside the lights. I wanted to fix it then, but I ended up using stock bulbs again. Dried the lights so there was no moist in them, closed the "hole" and left the xenon kit in the garage. Anyways..where was I..oh yes.. xenon kit in the new i30..well I ordered new xenon kit (the prices are now ridiculously low) and decided to go with the 4300K bulb color again, because it looks just right. When I installed, I was a bit disappointed, because the color wasn't 4300K. It wasn't even 6000K.. It was like looking at rainbow. Somewhere it was 4300K, then 6000K and even 12000K.. (from yellowish-white to blue and even purple - maybe you'll notice it in the pics below). So I got new bulbs, which were a bit better, but still not what I was looking for. I got reply that all the bulbs now are like that.. Well, what to expect from some cheap cr.., right? :) But you can't get better ones at this time over here.. (it's like with the other products..the quality is much worse then it was before). Then I remembered I had some "extra" xenon kit in my garage, which worked just fine before taking it out from the previous i30, but I wasn't sure if it's still okay, regarding the fact it's been sitting in the garage for more then 2 years. Plugged it in and yes..much better then the new xenon kit/bulbs I got. :) And one more thing..It seems to me that these "new lights" (with black) housing, do not produce any extra (unwanted) glare, because of the dark housing itself.. I also had no "complaints" from oncoming drivers or drivers driving in front (so far). Also told my friend to drive in front of me at night and in an opposite direction, to tell me whether it was okay, and he said it's like "factory xenon". We'll see how it will work.

Okay..enough of talking/writing. Here are few pictures taken a week (or so) ago. We haven't had any real snow (yet) this year, so I had to go higher to see some. First time the winter tires "touched" the snow  :confused: A bit disappointed, about the snow this year, I must say.. Last year we had it for quite some time and there was a lot of it..at least 40 cm. What makes me even more frustrated is the fact, that there was more snow at the sea (just few 100 km to the south), then here. But okay..better this way, then having floods like you guys have in Australia now or being under 1-2m of snow with temps around -30°C, like it was and still is, in some parts of the Europe (which aren't that far at all from here). Ooo..damn.. Look at all that text after saying .."enough of talking/writing.." Okay okay..here are the pics - taken at the same place as the pictures few posts above (unfortunately the quality isn't that good) :

Okay, just a few words about the plans for my i30 in 2012. I'm planing on putting the 16" alloys, which I have from previous i30, on the car in March. I was also thinking about chip-tuning it from 116hp to approx 135-140hp this year, but I'm still thinking whether I should do it or not.. And that's kind of it..

:happydance:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:40:23 by accim »

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

You don't seem to have salt on the roads, do you?
 :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal