i30 Owners Club

Towbar Wiring harness

Offline Burner101

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hobart, Tas
Hello

I am looking for some assistance for wiring a trailer harness loom thingy into my 09 i30 CW. I have the towbar that is now install but i have a 7 pin flat plug universal harness to wiring in. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me out!

1. has anyone wired one of these in and if so was it easy or hard?

2. Wiring diagrams - are there any for this model, i have taken the boot interior out and i found the wires going into the back of tail light on the drivers side. Are both indicators wired into this side?

Any help or advice on the subject would be good, if its not simple i will just take it somewhere to be install but i was hoping to save some money and do it myself :)

Thanks

B.
  • 09 Hyundai i30cw sx

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It is hard to make a recommendation on what you should do, because we don't know your skill level.

Without being unkind to you, the task is not difficult, but if done incorrectly or without the proper tools and connectors, you can get unreliable results, or even cause damage or blow fuses.

If you DO think you're capable, then you will need a test probe lamp and I would identify and test each wire to determine it's function record the results on paper. Disconnect the battery, cut the wires and make solder connections to your plug. I make a point of not cutting the wires at the same length, so that solder connections are never next to each other. Use heatshrink tubing over the connections, reconnect your battery, test your plug and if all is well, bind the whole set of connections to the existing wiring loom with insulation tape. Use a continuous bind overlapping 50% from one end to the other.

Hope I've explained the procedure adequately.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yep, I'm a real dope and I could follow that easily enough Phil  :goodjob: :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal