i30 Owners Club

A leap of faith....

iDirty · 12 · 3104

Offline iDirty

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
A big hello to all the i30 massive out there from Melbourne.

Well thought I should introduce myself. Basically I am actively looking for an i30 and have been out for several test drives. In a nut shell. I had originally thought of buying the sx crdi manual (love the little 1.6 oil burner....mmmmmm all that torque), however after heading down to the showroom with my wife and 9 month old daughter I have started to come around to the idea of the sx cw manual.

Drove the slx cdi manual in black but I fancy the sx cdi man in white and am looking to add on factory cruise (surprised that also comes packaged with fog lights...bonus) and protectz pack. Would love some custom mats and tints and maybe even a spoiler. Look at some 17" after tyres are gone of 15" OEM. But now I have been dealt a curve ball as the Mrs likes the CW, especially since it comes standard with the slx trim seats and blinker on side mirrors, not to mention the extra space (is this extra space worth it in anyone's opinion?). I must admit it is growing on me and I have not seen many around town.

Basically the dealer has come down one dealer has come down to a price equivalent to the hatch being AUD$22,490 drive away plus the extra cost for the cruise & protectz. I am hoping to perhaps negotiate getting the whole package for that price and who knows, if they are feeling generous maybe a good price on the other mentioned extras (end of month wheeling and dealing can sometimes pay off if quotas are down for the month). Do you think the dealers are struggling to sell the wagons at the higher price and price matching hatches?

I guess this is a good place to ask if anyone has any tips or suggestions on managing a sale on this particular spec and also what their thoughts might be on my choice of model/colour/options.
In the short time that I have discovered this sight I have already gained alot of knowledge from some fantastic posts and can't wait to contribute myself with stories, snaps, mods or just the usual rant about how great these cars are (hopefully).

Anyway, just thought I would say gday and thanks for having me aboard.

idirty  :mrgreen:
Can't wait to finally get hold of this baby, whether it be the hatch or wagon

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
Hi idirty,welcome to our club (my 2nd home),

What ever you choose it is a super car and you never be disappointed

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome iDirty :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome iDirty
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Hi iDirty and welcome to the club!  :)
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome. :razz:I've got one of each,cw rear cargo area is large but i don't think a pram would fit in a hatch. give it a try at the dealership. :idea: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
here is a pram in a CW  as 2i30s said, would'nt fit in hatch

or you could Tow the pram if you have hatch as shown (from cw) Buhahahah

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Welcome!  :)

I'd say go get the white, but I am a little biased....  :razz:
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline iDirty

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey thanks for the warm welcome and feedback guys.

Since I last posted I have been on holidays. I was meant to be relaxing (and did manage to after a day or so) however I was also on the phone wheeling with dealers on the best price on a wagon.

Well turns out that the guy who originally offered me a stock SX CW diesel manual for same price as a hatch, $22,490 has now bumped it up to $24,650 which I found really bizzare. I can gtell you that I was pretty surprised over the phone and could only put it down to an over-promise when I was test driving.

So to cut a long story short, I ended up going back to my original choice of SX diesel hatch manual for budget reasons. I phoned a regional dealer that sold a Santa Fe to my father in law, an i30 to my wife's aunty and a Tuscon to my wife's cousin. So keeping the family business through the one dealer managed to score me a good price and service. Not to mention he found me the last model available now (well within 6 days apparently as coming from another dealer) with all the extras I was after. So here is what I am so looking forward to getting my hot hands on:

SX CRDi Hatch Manual
Continental Silver
Protectz Pack
Factory Cruise and Fog lights
Tinted Windows (darkest legal)
Fitted Carpet floor mats
Cargo Liner
Leather Gear Stick Knob
Slimline plates
$21,700 (Hope that doesn't sound like gloating on price. Was just staing package and price).

I was going to add the spoiler but think I might wait and get a genuine one from eBay and do the install myself.

Some other extras I am after are:

17-18" after market alloy rims & tyres for highway driving (unless I can find some slx or sr originals for right price...doubtful me thinks so any suggestions would be appreciated).
Bluetooth setup for use with iPhone (also after market, any suggestions would be appreciated).
Car seat covers (as the sx seat trim is probably my biggest gripe at the moment, again any suggestions would be appreciated).
Tuning box
Spolier

Maybe I should have just brought the slx and been done with it. But thought I would like to custom mod it myself as time goes by.

I think I am going to loose copius amounts of sleep before I get this car as I am so excited. Can't wait to finally behind the wheel of my new little oil burner.

Will upload some pics as soon as she arrives.

Cheers
iDirty

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi idirty...

That sounds like a pretty good vehicle for the price... due to almost immediate delivery of a nice silver diesel I think you did the right thing taking an sx. Although our pommy members mostly think lambswool sear covers look suss i reckon they are the way to go.

Keep an eye out for slx or sr alloys on here for sale or put a wanted notice on here they come up fairly regularly...

Good luck and congrats on your choice..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal