i30 Owners Club

Spare key and the alarm

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
This morning I couldn't fine my remote key so had to resort to using the spare key.  As soon as I unlocked the door, the alarm went so I started the car and alarm went for another 3 'beeps' before stopping.

My dad used my spare key a while back and the alarm went off.  I knew that happens, but I thought after the first time, the car 'learns' that the key is a spare or something like that.

Sorry, hard to explain it :lol:
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Pip
Nup.

And I thought I remember you bought that after I got mine.  I got two remote keys??

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
I just tried this with my spare key (non remote) and the alarm did not go off.  Car was locked with remote key. I think it can be changed when they program the keys to act differently.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When I got my car it only came with a non remote.

The alarm never went off when I opened the car. 
The alarm had been set not to be activate when locking with the key.
Other features of the alarm are set to activate.

Car with remotes are factory set to activate if the non remote is used and it will go off.

You need to have that facility disabled if you wish to use the non remote.

Try locking with the non remote then unlock with the same key and see how it functions.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

My baby is a Feb 08 build and I purchased in Dec 08.

Anywho, got into my car last night after 8 hours and opened it with the spare and alarm did not go off.

Pip
My baby is a Feb 08 build and I purchased in Dec 08.

Anywho, got into my car last night after 8 hours and opened it with the spare and alarm did not go off.

I understood that the alarm is armed/disarmed only with the remote key and simultaneously with locking/unlocking the doors.  If that were true, then if the alarm did not sound when opened without the remote key, then it was not armed. This would happen if the car was locked with the non-remote key which would not have enabled the alarm.

Is this what you did maybe?

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

Um, maybe?!

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
You can check how your system is working by sitting in the car with all doors and hatch shut. Then using the remote key lock the car. Then pull the bonnet release, the alarm should go off, disarm with the remote. Shut the bonnet.

Now get back in the car, then get some one to lock you in with the non remote key, again release the bonnet ? does the alarm go off

You should be able to check different combinations this way.

But always keep the remote with you in the car or you are going to have to perform some interesting moves to reach the rear hatch emergency release cover to get out

Presuming that works with the car locked

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

You can check how your system is working by sitting in the car with all doors and hatch shut. Then using the remote key lock the car. Then pull the bonnet release, the alarm should go off, disarm with the remote. Shut the bonnet.

On mine there are Deadlock on the doors so when I tried this, the alarm went off but I couldn't out of the car as the doors wouldn't open when I tried to move the lock/unlock lever.  so be careful.

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK

On mine there are Deadlock on the doors so when I tried this, the alarm went off but I couldn't out of the car as the doors wouldn't open when I tried to move the lock/unlock lever.  so be careful.

What did I say in my original post and
But always keep the remote with you in the car or you are going to have to perform some interesting moves to reach the rear hatch emergency release cover to get out

Now write 100 times, I must read ALL of the post before I answer

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

What did I say in my original post and

Now write 100 times, I must read ALL of the post before I answer

????????????????????????

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal