i30 Owners Club

161,000 Km and still going strong

SPman · 5 · 2308

Offline SPman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NE of Perth

• 2018 i30 SR Man. - Blue
Well, have clicked over the 100,000 mile mark in our late 2018 SR manual. No major problems so far - collapsed bearing in the steering box fixed on warranty - a known issue apparently.
Like our FD CW diesel, need to keep up with rear wheel toe in - if you don't keep an eye on it, the inside edges of the rear tyres wear through to the steel, even though the outer looks ok. Space saver tyres are crap, espec. with 160 km to a tyre bay. Have run Continentals and Bridgestones, but must try the Michelins next - the Bridgestone RE s were good
Generally, a comfortable good handling car - a bit slow off the mark, but good open road/ back road tourer with good mid range urge when passing. On 2/3rd country, 1/3rd city driving, fuel economy is about the same as our Getz 1600 was - just cover the ground quicker Brakes are competent - I like that the emergency lights come on under heavy braking. ( mainly 'roos). Only one roo hit - but needed new RH front guard, bonnet, front and rear doors, mirror and grill! Thank god for insurance. A wheelchair just fits in the boot - a pity the body isn't more like the CW, which was great. Normally keep our cars to about 225,000 km, but, as the wife is dying, may just keep it as long as it goes ......what more (realistically), do you need.
  • 2018 i30 SR Man.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice write-up mate :goodjob:

(sorry to hear about your wife)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Yep, a nice report, thank you.  I've done about 11,000 kms in my early model 2018 SR. Won't be long before I catch you. :)
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline SPman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NE of Perth

• 2018 i30 SR Man. - Blue
Tyres, about 42,000 km, overall consumption about 7.3 l/100km. Used to ride 1000cc sportsbikes, so like the midrange passing urge when going down 2 gears ... just have to watch passing speeds - speedo reads 5kph over at all speeds, so probably artificially out for "safety" ....
Wife hates the front passenger seat for comfort, but thinks the drivers seat is ok.
  • 2018 i30 SR Man.

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Wife hates the front passenger seat for comfort, but thinks the drivers seat is ok.
Tell her a lie that you have swapped the seats over and see if that cures it. Or get a LHD model. :)
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal