i30 Owners Club

What Is This Dog?

AlanHo · 34 · 4994

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Alan are we going to get the answer as to what the parentage actually is :question:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The reason I put this question here is that I don't believe the dog's home where it came from. They claim it is a cross between a Collie and a Husky and will grow loose fur around its neck later.

I must admit that it howls like a husky but lacks the excessive constant hyper-activity and attention seeking of a collie.

Whatever it is - it is a very placid dog and has bonded with one of the grand-children who spends hours training it. It obeys numerous commands after less than two weeks training. Its latest trick is walking on its back legs. Their only real concern about the dog is it can easily scale their 6 foot high fencing. They keep rabbits next door !!!!

I know the guys here have tried to help - but I am still in the dark.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It could possibly have husky in there, I would also expect a thicker coat being that both suspected breeds involved have thick double coats themselves.

You may have to wait till the onset of your next winter to see if the dog develops an undercoat, Huskies and Malamutes will also blow their undercoats at the end of winter which will come away in tufts all over looking a bit ferrel, time will tell I suppose but both breeds are extremely intelligent and not dominate making good family pets.

Going back and looking at the photos you supplied does show some conformation similarities with Siberian Huskies, especially the narrowness of the chest, leg length and ears.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 18:36:47 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal