i30 Owners Club

GD-03 head unit. Sat nav or not?

Offline biggerz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have read a few great threads about replacing my GD-01 (radio has stopped working) with a GD-03 head unit and am keen to do this.

Amongst some of the threads I have read, I am a bit confused however as to whether the GD-03 head unit comes both with or without sat nav? Or whether its a totally different unit for sat nav capability (if so, does anyone have the model number please)?

The wreckers I have made enquiries with advises me that the head unit is a sat nav variant. Assuming it is, does that have the same fascia as my GD-01 unit?

Thanks in advance!

• 2014 Hyundai i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The GD-03 units don’t have built in satnav, they are Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatible which means they use the navigation from your phone.

Yes the 03 will fit the same 01 an 02 (non satnav) fascia, you’ll also require the USB/AUX module and interconnecting USB lead.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:49:15 by CraigB »

Offline biggerz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi Craig, and others,

I got asked today if I need the 5" or the 7". Are both compatible or is the seller confused? Which one am I chasing?

• 2014 Hyundai i30

Offline Stromming

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Sweden
Hi Craig, and others,

I got asked today if I need the 5" or the 7". Are both compatible or is the seller confused? Which one am I chasing?

I don't see a reason why you shouldn't get the 7".
Usually the smaller screens just have additional black plastic between the edge and the screen.

If you had a part number you could probably confirm it, but a simple googling of "hyundai gd-03 head unit" shows a bunch of 7" options.
  • 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal