i30 Owners Club

traction control light comes up when i touch 80km/h speed !!

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
Dear All,

Thanks for your kind responses as usual.

I am facing a strange problem that traction control light comes up as soon as i touch 80 kmph speed in my i30 Diesel 2012 model.  I took it to service center and they find it strange as well.
Anyone faced similar issue? And what could be possible solution ?

And also from the time i started to see this problem, the cruise control is not working as well :(

Thanks very much for your advices and help.

/Rohit
  • Hyndai i30 Premium, Diesel

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, With the car stationary, and the engine off, have someone push your brake pedal, then go to the rear of the car, and count how many, and which brake lights come on.  Then pulse the pedal, and see if they all come on at the same time.      IF the lower bulbs are both blown the computer cannot see the brake pedal being pushed, and gets confused.  IF the pedal switch has gone faulty, it will sometimes delay lighting one of the brake light sets (the side pair or the top single brake lights) with  the same result, the computer gets confused.  Possible solutions, a pair of brake lights bulbs or a replacement twin circuit brake pedal switch. In Australia we had a recall on the switch, as it turned off esc, cruise control failed to engage, and the brake lights sometimes failed to illuminate.

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
In my case, its traction lights that comes on after i touch 80 km/h. Do you still mean its related to brake? I will still try ur suggestion.
  • Hyndai i30 Premium, Diesel

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
If your model is FD yes it'll be the brake switch. Your symptoms are typical.
To the best of my knowledge it was subject to a recall in most markets worldwide.

Any genuine Hyundai dealer should know about it.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline gagsi011

• 1st Gear

• cs Serbia
Dear All,

Thanks for your kind responses as usual.

I am facing a strange problem that traction control light comes up as soon as i touch 80 kmph speed in my i30 Diesel 2012 model.  I took it to service center and they find it strange as well.
Anyone faced similar issue? And what could be possible solution ?

And also from the time i started to see this problem, the cruise control is not working as well :(

Thanks very much for your advices and help.

/Rohit
I had the same problem. Diagnostics revealed a problem in the clutch sensor. There are two clutch sensors, the most common problem is the deeper one located above the clutch pedal itself. Otherwise, the malfunction of the sensor disturbs the engine computer, which does not have information about the speed change, that is, it records as if you are still in first gear at 80 km/h. The correctness of other systems, such as s&s, assistance when moving uphill, assistance when changing speed depends on this sensor.

PS Change a service center.

Послато са SM-G975F помоћу Тапатока
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 00:26:31 by gagsi011 »
  • Hyundai i30 gd crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal