i30 Owners Club

I30 Angel Eyes

Offline Shamanix

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia

Those are from sharkracing from south korea, it says it can be further modified if I got that right off their website..  :roll:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Dammit that looks nice  :o

I now absolutely NEED a set of those.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I prefer the indicator function of these!

I like!

How do I get a pair?

Offline grug

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/ ... =011900000

You seem to know about these sort of things Thumper - how likely is it to be legal?

Actually, while I'm here - I'll be moving down to the ACT next year.  What's the darkest legal tinting like in Canb - much diff to anywhere else?

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Well, according to ADR's, as long as it is orange, flashes at the same rate as all the other indicator lights and you are using the original indicator, then I honestly can't see anything wrong with them.

Just remember, only white/orange light is to be displayed on the front of the vehicle (So no blue/red/green/purple leds)

As for tint, it is bugger all in the ACT. I have the darkest legal tint on mine, and for me, it is not much. (Not that dark) Yet the Camry I have has the darkest for QLD, it's noticeably darker than the i30 from the outside, but roughly the same from the inside looking out.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Also another thing, I am sure they are all LHD, where in Australia we are RHD, so if you purchase the lights from them, they will not produce the correct beam pattern for RHD vehicles.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "grug"
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=headlights-i30&cate=011900000

You seem to know about these sort of things Thumper - how likely is it to be legal?

Actually, while I'm here - I'll be moving down to the ACT next year.  What's the darkest legal tinting like in Canb - much diff to anywhere else?

Wouldn't that be moving up to Canberra :?:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Quote from: "grug"
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=headlights-i30&cate=011900000

Wouldn't that be moving up to Canberra :D

Offline Shamanix

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia
I think those leds can`t give enough light for driving, maybe I am wrong, donno..

I would love to have stock low/high beams and led angel eyes only as position lights just to give better looks..

Offline nizzkid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Kalgoorlie
Quote from: "Shamanix"
I think those leds can`t give enough light for driving, maybe I am wrong, donno..

I would love to have stock low/high beams and led angel eyes only as position lights just to give better looks..

Um, thats what they are.
The low/high beam still work as normal.
But with the addition of the angel eyes. ;)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Also another thing, I am sure they are all LHD, where in Australia we are RHD, so if you purchase the lights from them, they will not produce the correct beam pattern for RHD vehicles.

has anyone got a definitive answer for this ?? I am highly considering these, and live in the UK, RHD, same as the aussies. = )
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I have the sharkracing version. Thumper was right about the beam pattern. I think I may have posted to you before, but if you're really concerned just buy a set of lights from UK and send them to Sharkracing for the conversion. Problem solved. I have the white and amber colours for legality reasons, but was operated by a 3-way switch. I had originally purchased blue and red, and although they looked bloody awesome I totally forgot they were police colours. So I sent them back and had them changed (at an additional cost).

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Would it not be very costly to send them from the uk, I did a quote through TNT online and got a quote of over £1,000

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hey sycadelic, I assume the price you're telling me is the courier cost. That's way too expensive. I'll have a look at at who I used but they are international and it cost me I think about $100 to have it sent and returned. It was the same courier company that Sarkracing use. If you prefer send them an email asking them for the name, and tell them what you're trying to do.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Thanks Eyecon, I;ll email them now and see their responce, they are veyr good to talk to, gives me great confidence in them.

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal