i30 Owners Club

rattle in the dash

Lakes · 10 · 4487

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hi all, well as i have said b4 i'm deaf, but two friends have informed me there is a very slight rattle in the dash. anyone else had this?
cheers John

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Maybe one of the grandkids left it there! :idea:

But seriously no rattles here although have found if you put any coins in the ashtray or keys in the glove box etc.. they seem to rattle with the resonance from the diesel motor!

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Good one Dazz.  

Actually, I was really annoyed by a vibration above instrument cluster the other day and I couldn't figure it out.  I thought to myself, "NOT AGAIN"as we had a similar problem on a Nissan and ithey couldn't find the source.

Well I found that  it was the GPS vibrating in its cradle.   Bloody thing!  :twisted:

Made a few adjustments and it's gone.

Bob

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I get an occasional rattle from the glove compartment. A number of times I've opened the compartment while driving and it stops the problem. It would have been easy to think it was something in that glovebox, but it isn't. In my case, it's the glovebox fitting against the dashboard, which I've decided in the past 12 hours, so I'll do some "greasing-up" to see if that helps. For those that might think I'm mad, "greasing-up" means applying a releasing agent to the points where the glovebox meets the dash. Will post back.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
thank's everyone, and thanks Shambles.

Offline dannytucker

• 2nd Gear
Hey guys i got the rattle in glove box too I took everything out of it still vibrates so i just turn the radio up

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
I've been hearing noises to the left of me so it might possibly be the glove box, will check next time i hear the rattles. I also hear some small rattles underneath the steering wheel area. Anyone get that?

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
The only time I've heard a rattle - I discovered it was my parking meter money I was storing in the ashtray

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
yeah, i had a couple of rattles before, one was because my sunnies were rattling in the sunglass holder (i dont know why) and all i had to do was flip the direction and tada! no rattle. also, i had another rattle coming from around the glovebox before i realised that the plastic on top of the gear knob (manual gear knob) was lifting off slightly and was rattling. it was a simple fix of unscrewing it and tightening a screw at the bottom. hopefully one of these might be a problem for you and you can fix it. elsewards...silent driving now!  :D

Offline chylld

• 2nd Gear
Quote from: "CHB"
I've been hearing noises to the left of me so it might possibly be the glove box, will check next time i hear the rattles. I also hear some small rattles underneath the steering wheel area. Anyone get that?

i've got the glovebox one as well, plus a really faint (but nonetheless annoying) one from the driver's door.

with the service intervals so far apart i think i might just take it apart and fix it myself :) (also had a bad experience with honda for my last car, about a dozen rattles and a couple of dozen other real problems) (and no one in service was nice to me)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal