i30 Owners Club

Auto folding side mirror relay fitted.

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
Never mind I managed to sort it out. I installed this mod on my GD trophy if anyone else is interested there is a kit available

Would you like to share your findings Villa, so which wires do you connect the green and grey wires to?
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Never mind I managed to sort it out. I installed this mod on my GD trophy if anyone else is interested there is a kit available

Would you like to share your findings Villa, so which wires do you connect the green and grey wires to?

Villa hasn't been on for about 2 weeks (might be worth a PM if no response in a couple of days) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

@Joe, see here :link: Powerfolding Mirror Auto Relay Kit - Shark Racing

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld

thanks Craig, yea that's the product I have but the instruction are in Korean with no pictures  :crazy1:

well, I think they are instruction

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

thanks Craig, yea that's the product I have but the instruction are in Korean with no pictures  :crazy1:

Send a PM to Russell (Seoul-Mate) he might be able to get it translated if you scan it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

If you Google search for " translate text with phone app " you'll find some apps that do what you want for apple - android and windows phones, ideally it would still be easier with an English written paper in front of you though.

If you bought through shark racing you could also ask them for an English copy of the instructions.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
cheers for that Craig, mine is more like the one you link from Shark racing.

I just need to workout which leads are the  lock, unlock, door pin in the vehicle.
Might just take a bit more time to trace them back.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Though the shark one is a genuine Mobis part the wiring should be identical I would think :undecided:

red = power +

green = door lock connect

gray = door open connect

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Seems to include mirrors (unless you didn't mean mirror control?)

Nice kit indeed.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
does look good, however the video made be think how little I use my windows, ( well I do look through them  :rofl:) I mean up and down. When I have driven with my windows down, the wind noise in the cabin is unbearable in the i30. I do occasionally drive with my windows down in my work car (Prado) and it's quite pleasant but it windows up for the i30 for me.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Well I'm a bugger not closing the windows when I jump out of the car. I have them wind deflectors fitted and I always have the window cracked a little, now on my other car if I forget to close the window I would stick the key into the door lock and turn the key and hold it for a few seconds and it would close the window instead of putting the key back into the ignition and operating the switch. Just tried on the i30 and it doesn't do it  :(

I wonder if you could tap into the door mirror wiring so you could have window closure but there again it might put the windows down when you unlock
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Villa_23

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. If you still need any help with this let me know.
  • I30 trophy

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hey villa how is it going mate any chance I can have a link to the module you installed on your car for the mirror plz thanks
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Guys while we are at folding mirror but what about reversing mirror basically when u put your gear into reverse your mirror drop down into a reverse position anyone have it on their car plz ?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Guys while we are at folding mirror but what about reversing mirror basically when u put your gear into reverse your mirror drop down into a reverse position anyone have it on their car plz ?
This is what I had installed by the Car Kit Company in mine :link: SmartView RVM Premium Reversing Camera Combo | The Car Kit Company

They also have a new model which is cheaper :link: SmartView RVM-40 Reversing Camera & Display Combo | The Car Kit Company

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
This is what I had installed by the Car Kit Company in mine :link: SmartView RVM Premium Reversing Camera Combo | The Car Kit Company

They also have a new model which is cheaper :link: SmartView RVM-40 Reversing Camera & Display Combo | The Car Kit Company
That is very nice craigB will have to find something like that here in UK or maybe a module just to drop the mirror down while in reverse for the curb as I already have parking sensor.

Thanks

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Unread Posts