Auto windows up when locking car

Raid · 22 · 7130

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hey guys how is it going?
Well just wanted to know if anyone done a mod to his car when you press the lock button on your keys all your windows goes up and the mirrow fold at the same time plz.
Thanks
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think it has been done, but you will need to browse through this mods section or do some searching with the search function. Not sure if the mod I remember was done on an FD or GD series car.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
From memory, it was an FD and the mod was to install side mirrors with LED indicators sourced from eBay, long time ago though.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
From memory, it was an FD and the mod was to install side mirrors with LED indicators sourced from eBay, long time ago though.

I seem to remember it was a separate module that had to be wired in - I have an FD with electric folding mirrors (with LED indicators) and they don't fold on locking, they only fold when the un/fold button is pressed on driver's door arm-rest.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

I seem to remember it was a separate module that had to be wired in - I have an FD with electric folding mirrors (with LED indicators) and they don't fold on locking, they only fold when the un/fold button is pressed on driver's door arm-rest.
I'm sure there is a tweak in a VAG-COM software to make it fold/unfold when you press the lock/unlock key but the software is for vw/seat/Audi only it would be nice to have something similar for hyundai

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Found the post it was for FD body type.   I think Raid has a GD body vehicle so don't know if can be applied (or maybe it is now a software option - no idea)

The fold on lock was done by a separate 'relay kit'... the poster had first needed to fit electric folding mirrors (see here) as only certain i30 models (and/or packs/badges) came with them at that time - the i30cw being one (maybe certain hatches did as well - not sure).

The poster also mentioned 'auto up' windows was done be another separate kit as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:15:23 by ibrokeit »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Found the post it was for FD body type.   I think Raid has a GD body vehicle so don't know if can be applied (or maybe it is now a software option - no idea)

The fold on lock was done by a separate 'relay kit'... the poster had first needed to fit electric folding mirrors (see here) as only certain i30 models (and/or packs/badges) came with them at that time - the i30cw being one (maybe certain hatches did as well - not sure).

The poster also mentioned 'auto up' windows was done be another separate kit as well.

The poster of the above mentioned topics probably referenced: :link: Auto folding side mirror relay fitted. (Some Photos and many posts) and/or :link: electric door mirror and folding mirror control (Some diagrams and videos in posts).

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
You can get the genuine Mobis auto fold mirror module here :link: Powerfolding Mirror Auto Relay Kit - Shark Racing

FD model auto window relay kit :link: 07-10 i30 Auto-Window Relay Kit - Shark Racing

GD passenger auto window relay kit :link: 2012-2016 i30-Elantra GT Passenger Auto-Window Relay Kit - Shark Racing
Thanks craigB for the link and I don't know if you would know anything about that but my car got the auto down only not auto up will that module work plz ?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't know, best to contact shark racing I think, they usually reply within one day.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I would not want autofold mirrors.  My garage door is rather narrow and I need the mirrors folded whilst I drive in and out.  A previous Audi had autofold mirrors and as soon as I started the engine the mirrors folded out. It was a pain in the ass remembering to fold them before I reversed out.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I would not want autofold mirrors.  My garage door is rather narrow and I need the mirrors folded whilst I drive in and out.  A previous Audi had autofold mirrors and as soon as I started the engine the mirrors folded out. It was a pain in the ass remembering to fold them before I reversed out.

Very good point Alan!

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Very good point Alan!
Guys anyone knows about the reverse tilted mirror plz thanks

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Very good point Alan!

What is a reverse tilted mirror - I have never heard of it.

I have heard of a reversing camera and a reversing sensor - and have heard of a rear view mirror - but on reflection never a reversing mirror.

Do you mean an automatic dipping rear view mirror. plz help thnx

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Very good point Alan!

What is a reverse tilted mirror - I have never heard of it.

I have heard of a reversing camera and a reversing sensor - and have heard of a rear view mirror - but on reflection never a reversing mirror.

Do you mean an automatic dipping rear view mirror. plz help thnx
It's a module that you install for your side mirror to tilt when you put your gear in reverse

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Raid might mean a left had mirror that tilts to show the curb when you select reverse (like mine does) But it wouldn't fit on an i30...  :evil:

There is one very bad thing about this feature (I miss it when I get a rental car)  :crazy2:

Damn.. Raid beat me!  :spitty:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

i don't need such a tilting mirror - I can feel the crunch when the alloy scrapes along the kerb........ :whistler:.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
i don't need such a tilting mirror - I can feel the crunch when the alloy scrapes along the kerb........ :whistler:.
That is a very gd feature to have on the car as I don't want to hear my allow to make that noise lol I would like to have that install on my car

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello there, 

This is a universal product and it will work for all models of Kia and Hyundai as well as other vehicle makes.

Unfortunately we do not have specific installation instructions for your vehicle, however it is definitely 100% compatible.

Yes we do deliver to the UK, the price for shipping is on our website on the product description page once you select your shipping options from the drop-down menu before adding the product to your shopping cart.

Just received that from a company I emailed about the tilt mirror.

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX

The folding mirrors that I have installed in my i30 are not like this. When I lock the car they fold in, and when I unlock the car they fold out. However if I fold them in by pressing the switch on the drivers door they will not unfold until I have pressed that switch again, even if I unlock the car. It's and excellent set up and a mod that I'm very happy with.

I have never heard of this reverse till mirrors before!! I'm always looking for new mods for my little beast and this is one that would be very handy as I'm always adjusting my mirror to avoid gutter rash on my wide rims!

SO EXCITED.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello jesse91 here is the link for the module and its a universal module with instructions for kia.
Someone who knows about hyundai mirror and inside can install that module and then give us some info on how to.

http://www.k5optimastore.com/products/mirrortiltmod

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Watch "Automatic Reverse Mirror Tilt Module" on YouTube

That's what it does.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal