i30 Owners Club

1.4 crdi 2014

Offline maragos

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Athens
Hi everyone I am a proud owner of a 1.4 crdi i30 5door.  I would like you feedback on my fuel economy. After 3000klm mainly city driving, I am getting only 6.5l/100klm on average. Is this good or am I doing something wrong. I am seeing here on the forum 5 and under and it's making me nervous.  Is there something wrong with mine. Thank you. 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome maragos. We don't get the 1.4 CRDi in Australia, but diesel motors are fairly tight when new. It can take 10,000 or so before they start giving their best economy. Mainly city driving will also not give you your best economy. Diesel motors are also slow to warm up, so short trips hurt economy as well.. :cool: So, all in all 6.5 is not too bad!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
:wttc: maragos

Fuel economy gets better with age. Im running about 5.1l/ 100km with 15000km
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Like Dazz said we do not get the 1.4 over here and most of the lower figures I think you would be reading is for the 1.6 and from Australia,where many of us are doing fairly large milages
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
 :welcome:
maragos

Like Dazz Reap's & Rick have said, we don't get the 1.4 here in Australia, also it's how you drive,  what rev you shift at , weather conditions, like on a cold day on start up they would use more than on a hot day on start up.
also if you are driving in a city in traffic you will be stopped a lot your motor will still be runing & using fuel , but the car will be still & not moving. So a true indication of economy would be Litre's per hour. but we don't have that feature so use L/100K. if your car starts easy, it runs ok, it gets you there & back. well there is nothing wrong with it, i'm sure it could get better economy than my 1.6 CRDi 6 speed man as it's 1.4, just the way we drive & were we drive. also some people like to impress others with how tight they are with there coin. so only post when they get good economy & i don't think the trip computer read out always 100% accurate. like if you reset your L/100k at first it might be reading out high fuel usage that's because it's just starting & you have not gone far, then as distance you have traveled increases the computer starts to show more accurate numbers & the further you go the more accurate fuel usage average increases & starts to show your average usage.
when you reset the trip computer the process starts over again.
also it has been stated you will get increased economy as the motor free's up, but myself i got my best economy driving like i had an egg under the throttle & driving out in country where its flat with long straights no other cars and speed below 90KPH & motor was less than 1,000 k old at the start the 1,300 at finish. that was my first i30 CRDi i averaged ( worked it out myself mo trip PC on SX, 4.3L/100k just to see if i could do it .i also drove Sydney to Melbourne on coast road on 44L of fuel 1,044k & was trying to get economy but driving for enjoyment could show anything but will always get me over 1,000k on a full tank no matter how i drive, i can bank on that!
cheers & hope you can understand what i wrote.

Offline maragos

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Athens
Thanks for your replies. One thing I do hate is driving like I have an egg under my foot. Always thinking of l/100. The difference is so small that it's not worth compromising on driving experience. I had a Mazda 6 1.8 petrol before the diesel i30. That thing on its good days in Athens city driving would get 14L/100klm.  So 6.5 in the i30 is a dream.  Thanks all.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Maragos

Glad to hear you're happy about the car after all.

If you only do city driving I don't think 6.5l/100klm is that bad after all.  :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
I have the same car as you and living in North Greece.

The average consuption in me is near 6lt/100Km according to trip computer
 and I drive half time  in city and half  outside. The car is quite heave 1300+Kg and
if you have 2-3 people the consuption  is more  also.

Generally the consuption is getting lower over time after 10.000-15.000 Km.

Have you go to Hyundai for any service? Any price quote?

• hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline breakdown

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
With the first 10000kms, I get on speedways driving 120km/h like 5,2 liters. When I do a lot of urban driving, it goes from 6 liters till 7 liters. These are measured values, as I look on my fuel invoices. So 6,5 liters for urban/city driving is normal.
  • I30 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal