i30 Owners Club

2,000 kms travelled

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
I have now done 2,000 kms and find it difficult to measure exactly, as after filling for several minutes it was still frothing, then settling, frothing then settling, so if you do not have the patience to fill right to the brim, then its hard to know exactly how much is in.

Assuming the dealer put 53 litres in.
And if it now has about 58 litres, as I added about 6 litres after first click
then I am getting 4.9 L/100km average over 2,000 kms.

I did a lot of mountain driving up and down hills and very winding roads on the last tank.
I do not do much city driving, lots of highway and country.

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
I have now done 2,000 kms and find it difficult to measure exactly, as after filling for several minutes it was still frothing, then settling, frothing then settling, so if you do not have the patience to fill right to the brim, then its hard to know exactly how much is in.

Assuming the dealer put 53 litres in.
And if it now has about 58 litres, as I added about 6 litres after first click
then I am getting 4.9 L/100km average over 2,000 kms.

I did a lot of mountain driving up and down hills and very winding roads on the last tank.
I do not do much city driving, lots of highway and country.

I have now done 4,000 kms and am averaging 5 L/100kms.

The main trip I do weekly between Launceston and Forth in Tasmania does have a lot of hills, maybe I should slow down up hill! I thought I would be getting better economy by now. How long does it take before the engine really starts improving?

I do get over 1,000 kms to a tank before the light comes on.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi K-K,

The Tassie hills and our slightly cooler temperatures are the killer. I've done nearly 19,000 km since march and averaged 5.5 up until recently. Dropped to 5.2 (after a reset... when the weather warmed up for a couple of weeks) but back up to 5.4 again now with this cold snap....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal