i30 Owners Club

front tweeter speaker assembly

jarsski · 16 · 6126

Offline jarsski

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      H

• i30cw 2.0 crdi style
Hello, and sorry about my english.. I come from land of snow, santa and high taxrates  :lol:

.. But, We bought i30 2.0crdi and after we installed summertyres (Im from finland, and we drive on spikes trough winter) I noticed annoying sound from tweeter assembly. Just like there is something loose, and it vibrates due to a harder drive (low profile tyres, higher tyrepressure .. )

Can any you advice me, how to open that tweeter assembly, it seems like that there is no screws at all at that black plastic what I need to remove.. How can I get it off?

.. And we love this car, its fist one that we ever bought as new. Its i30 2.0 crdi style, style was the most complete version  (and most expensive) .. It cost about 26 000 euros, including unmountable 'hook' for trailer, parking radar, cruice, AAC, automated wipers, electric mirros with side 'signal lights'. :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi jarsski, welcome to the club :D (I like your sense of humour - you made me laugh :lol: )

You seem to have a high-specification i30, a bit like mine  :cool:

I have no idea how to remove the tweeter, but I too would like to see how it is done.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline jarsski

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      H

• i30cw 2.0 crdi style
Hi jarsski, welcome to the club :D (I like your sense of humour - you made me laugh :lol: )

You seem to have a high-specification i30, a bit like mine  :cool:

I have no idea how to remove the tweeter, but I too would like to see how it is done.

:)

Yeap this style has half-leather seats, ipod connector, cooled glove compartment .. and offcourse a stunning engine, 140hp, 305nm torque.. and crappy driving (and beam) lights :(
.. Well If I manage to remove that tweeter (and brake it) .. I'll tell you how NOT to do it :)

btw where is this server, I thought that it would be in australia.. but is it in UK? .. Not that it matters .. as long as english is spoken language.

...More about topic, that black piece of plastik looks and feels like, that its just needs to be pulled off

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
btw where is this server, I thought that it would be in australia.. but is it in UK? .. Not that it matters

Utah, in the US :)

Offline jarsski

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      H

• i30cw 2.0 crdi style
btw where is this server, I thought that it would be in australia.. but is it in UK? .. Not that it matters

Utah, in the US :)

LOL  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome jarsski...

I'm Dazza (from the morning shift) As you can see I live in Tasmania Australia and Shambles is in Manchester UK...

I also like your sense of humour  :D

I'm sure someone will have an idea how to remove the tweeter (so you don't break it)

Please be patient for a suitable reply not everyone works shifts like Shambles and I  :lol:

You model sounds very nice (a rattle in the dash is one of my few complaints - maybe it's the tweeter too  :idea:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

... not everyone works shifts like Shambles and I  :lol:

... with a small overlapping window for the handover :lol:

Cheers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey jarsski...

I've looked on the spanish forum (www.i30.es) and they too have asked about this, without a result.

However, a former active member here posted a pic of removing the door card. It seems to show the tweeter housing remains in place when the card has been removed. To me, that means you might have to remove the door card then might have to unscrew the housing from below, or just unclip it.

See what you think..

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,570.msg4428.html#msg4428

Offline jarsski

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      H

• i30cw 2.0 crdi style
Hey jarsski...

Thanks.. pitty that he didnt remove tweeter cover :D

I still think, that the cover could be pulled off.. it looks, and feels like that it has been just 'put' there without screws.

..nice pics anyway.. :)

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
When I replaced the speakers in my Hyundai Getz last year, I had to take the door trim out, then the tweeter cover thing.

The reason you have to take all the door trim off (if I remember correctly) is that there are two "tabs" at the base of the tweeter cover, holding it in, to prevent it being pulled out too easily. Although, taking off all door trim can be a pain, I'm sure if you simply want the tweeter cover off, you don't have to disconnect the electric windows or the door and lock cable.

I may just put new speakers in my i30, and do a step by step instructional thread :)

EDIT: A simple answer, in relation to the picture Shambles posted, is to simply lift and pull out the cover, AFTER door trim is off. That's the safest bet!

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
From the 'door light' post - Hemmi posted these pics for installing some Korean aftermarket LED's

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,1381.0.html

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Who's a clever boy then  :D (no offense to Mohamed Ali) :wink:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well found LD. Might have sorted 2 problems in one post there (tweeter removal & wiring through the door harness) :D

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Personally I dont like the idea of having wires poking thru the lip seal of the grommets, asking for moisture entry I reckon.

Offline jarsski

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      H

• i30cw 2.0 crdi style
Hello again.. I have been away for a while and now I got good news, that sound I was talking about has gone in the wind. I guess it can reappear sometime, but now I'm HAPPY :)

.. thanks for all the links & photos.. amazing how seeker founds stuff :)

but I must go again.. thank you all and have a nice summer !  :D :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good news jarskki.. don't stay away too long I like your avatar  :wink:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal