i30 Owners Club

sticky Fuel computer

Kevin · 9 · 2739

Offline Kevin

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hello All,

First post, Has anyone else had their average fuel figure stick, i have a 20L Auto and it's stuck on 9.1 and has been for about two months, and is there a way to reset it.

Regards

Kevin

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Kevin, welcome to the club :)

Can you not just press (and hold) the TRIP button while the 9.1 is showing? Does that not clear it down to 0.0?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Kevin

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hello All,

Thanks for the reply, i read the info on another thread, i reset it and went for a quick 10k drive, it started at 55l/100km and finished at 9.3l/100km, thanks for the forum and Shambles for the answer.

Regards

Kevin

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the club..

The reason it stuck on 9.1 is that it is an average figure and the longer you go without resetting the more variation in consumption it takes to make a change happen..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Pip
And just to add, all the "trip" type accumulations need to be reset in the same way, individually.  Resetting one won't reset all.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
And just to add, all the "trip" type accumulations need to be reset in the same way, individually.  Resetting one won't reset all.

Except in my case, where a consumption reset also sets my trip back to zero. A big, fat, zero.

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I thought it was hilarious when I first reset mine, it read 154L/100km! Given every 100m or so it halved until it reached 6L/100km, but still, it was funny to read such a poor fuel consumption!

Offline Cretaru

• 1st Gear
how do i know , how do i find out exactly how much fuel i have if i don't have a FUEL COMPUTER

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
how do i know , how do i find out exactly how much fuel i have if i don't have a FUEL COMPUTER
Hu Cretaru, welcome to the club.

You can never tell EXACTLY how much fuel you have on board. Without a fuel computer you're going to have to rely on the gauge I think.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal