i30 Owners Club

Brake noise after delivery

reecho · 4 · 2015

Offline reecho

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I picked up my car a couple of weeks ago now and from minute one a had a nasty rumble/thump under braking from what I could tell was coming from the LHF wheel.

Turns out because the car was sitting for a while the brake rotors had a large build up of rust on the surface which caused high spots on the rotors themselves.

On it's 1000km "glance over" they machined all the rotors smooth and....well.....i's lust all over again....so much nicer to drive... :P

Apart from that, and the fact i got duped on a tank of diesel...i am very happy... :)

To top it off, the second fill has been getting a fair bit better MPG....noice..!!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

the fact i got duped on a tank of diesel

??
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline reecho

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
ahh yes well the sales guy wrote on the contract of sale fuel was included. I would of expected more than the damn fuel light on as i pulled out....LOL

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
ahh yes well the sales guy wrote on the contract of sale fuel was included. I would of expected more than the damn fuel light on as i pulled out....LOL

I would have been pulling back in (if that happened to me)  :rolleyes:   

Although I only got half a tank in my I30 (after buying 2 new cars from the same dealer within three weeks of each other) When I complained I got fobbed off... :mad:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal