i30 Owners Club

Audio / iPod problem

Offline Goldfish_8

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Toytown
I know this is slipping down the list of surveys, but I have version 1.04 EUR, and will be in the stealer's on Saturday finding out whether an upgrade exists, as have come across the odd bug when controlling my iPod Photo through the head unit. Sometimes when I hit the Random function it tells me I am playing track 0 of xxxx, so causes the iPod to freeze as the radio cannot progress onto the next track as track 0 doesn't exist. Occasionally, if on Random I hit back to repeat track 1, it will jump to track 0 and lock up my iPod yet again. A quickish reset on the iPod and all is well in music land for a while. Have also noticed that on some occurrences of this the time changes by several hours on the radio's clock too.  :rolleyes:

Anyone else come across any such bugs in their radio's, besides the display freezing on one side, which I read about on here, but haven't suffered from.  :question:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks Mark, please keep us updated with any news on a possible upgrade. I don't have the problems you listed, probably because I don't use an iPod.

However, when I emailed Hyundai last year I was told that the audio unit was the responsibility of the unit supplier, where upgrades & fixes were concerned. Interesting to see what your dealership says about it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, South Australia
I know this is slipping down the list of surveys, but I have version 1.04 EUR, and will be in the stealer's on Saturday finding out whether an upgrade exists, as have come across the odd bug when controlling my iPod Photo through the head unit. Sometimes when I hit the Random function it tells me I am playing track 0 of xxxx, so causes the iPod to freeze as the radio cannot progress onto the next track as track 0 doesn't exist...

I take it you are using the hyundai-ipod cable, and not just the standard ipod cable?

Offline Goldfish_8

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Toytown
Paid the visit to the dealers yesterday. Before diving into the realms of software upgrades or replacing the head unit, they have had a list of things to try from Hyundai UK first.
First up was to disconnect the battery for a while to get the electronics to reset itself.
Next was to disable to RDS controlled auto update of the clock, as for some reason the signal was getting scrambled and upsetting the time. Apparently this is a known issue and there have been 3 rported cases, 4 now with mine.

So have just got to see how it goes. (Is due it's 25,000 mile service in a little over a month).  :eek:

I am using the Hyundai cable, and the head unit provides full control of my iPod Photo 20Gb and the other halves 4th Generation 8Gb Nano. It also charges both, which surprised the guy in the local car audio centre, as when the iPhones, iTouch's and the 4G Nano's came out Apple changed the charge pin in the dock connector.

Mark

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
So if it turns out to be the RDS auto-synch will they replace the head unit?

Good luck Mark - keep us updated :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Goldfish_8

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Toytown
Nope, the 'official' fix for the RDS auto time problem is just to turn it off. I imagine if it was happening on all cars then they would have to offer some sort of software fix. Or turn it off on all and add an errata to the manual !

Mark

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Paid the visit to the dealers yesterday. Before diving into the realms of software upgrades or replacing the head unit, they have had a list of things to try from Hyundai UK first.
First up was to disconnect the battery for a while to get the electronics to reset itself.
Next was to disable to RDS controlled auto update of the clock, as for some reason the signal was getting scrambled and upsetting the time. Apparently this is a known issue and there have been 3 rported cases, 4 now with mine.

So have just got to see how it goes. (Is due it's 25,000 mile service in a little over a month).  :eek:

I am using the Hyundai cable, and the head unit provides full control of my iPod Photo 20Gb and the other halves 4th Generation 8Gb Nano. It also charges both, which surprised the guy in the local car audio centre, as when the iPhones, iTouch's and the 4G Nano's came out Apple changed the charge pin in the dock connector.

Mark

That surprises me also, as I have had the 4th gen Nano connected with the official cable and it does everything it should except charge :rolleyes:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal